Will a GL1200 seat fit on a GL1100?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GL1100trike

Reaction score
Will a GL1200 seat fit on a GL1100? I am not concerned if the bolt holes would align. As long as the front tongue fits and the 1200 covers the overall footprint. Or is it much bigger? Thanks.

No it won't fit right. When I got my bike it had a 1200 seat on it. The tab on the front of the seat doesn't match with the slot on the bike. The rear brackets line up and will bolt on.

Thanks for your input. So what I am to understand is an 84 seat will fit however modifications will have to be made. My issue is I have installed an 84 trunk and am trying to get a seat set that will match including the back rest on the trunk. I have found a few places that offer the seat sets however I will need an 83 seat with a 84 backrest. I doubt if they will break up a set.

Thanks for the offer Dan. I guess i am looking for a nice 83 seat and I would like to replace the trunk backrest. However the trunk is off an 84. Really would like for them to match. Not sure if the covering from one year will match another.

Latest posts