Windshield wiper

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old School trick used on cars was to rub a slice of potatoe or onion on the windshield. This stopped the rain from forming into droplets making it a near uniform layer of water that can be looked through. I haven't yet tried it but I will and post the results.

Had an old timer, mechant marine during the war (WWII......"the big one") tell me about when he was on leave in San Francisco the cable car operator would have a plug of tobacco on the dash and when they got to the end of the line to turn around, he would wipe the winshield down with that plug of tobacco so he could see through the rain because there were no wipers.

mcgovern61":3ckkew1b said:
slabghost":3ckkew1b said:
But.....when driving on the PA Turnpike in heavy rain, spray from car tires and trucks is real annoying. It is better when it rains harder to keep the spray from clouding up the windshield.
If you pick up a pair of amber yellow glasses the spray from the trucks disappears. Works in fog as well. I use clip-ons over my glasses.

mcgovern61":20nk45c6 said:
I came across this and thought it is a good idea! I know I could have used it last summer on my trip to Ohio. 4 hours in heavy rain!

https://www.peerclear.com/

I use ARMOR ALL.Wipe enough till you get the oily film residue off.It works for me.I couldn't stand anything obstructing my view on the shield.And rain beads off.Also used rain-x Defoger and works great also.With peerclear I would still have to maintain its cleaning.Price a lil bit salty.IMHO ;)