wolo horn mounted

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bagmaster":1e8c3z2x said:
Mounted to the engine guards with conduit pipe clamp found at any good hardware store. I also had to shim the clamp with some clear plastic tubing I had laying around.

Thanks for sharing the pictures :salute: Think im gonna take a look at the local hardware store for two of those conduit pipe clamps and maybe some rubber to use as a shim instead of the plastic tubing

scdmarx":1e8c3z2x said:
I want one that plays "Dixi" for the Interstate. Do they still make those?

I have that horn on my cell phone :smilie_happy:

Joep":2u5fj17c said:
I put in a wolo bad boy horn on my 1100... this is mounted on the left side with outlets pointing left... in the upper left of the picture you can see the relay.. it is mounted on an old two hole boss on the frame..

ok I got the same horn.
want to mount the same way as long as my lowers will allow it.
what is the horn mounted too? I know it has a single mount bolt

I set it in and then drilled a hole just passed the bend/curve of the metal lower/heatshield about 1/2 -3/4 inch in from rear edge.. used a machine screw either #10 or 1/4 not sure at this point.. I did slightly enlarge the top hole to fit the screw/nut I will take a shot to day and post tonight..

scdmarx":3sb4ktmu said:
When I got the Standard the Vetter fairing had 2 car type horns in it. They sound like Cadillac horns. Real nice and loud compared to the wimpy little "eeeeet" noises that come from the Interstate horns.
I had a set on a vetter equipped cb550 .. they were loud enough that a lil blue haired lady was merging and not looking pul;led out in front and I hit the horn utton and pulled hard left, and she was a looking for the car as I left a dust plume...

got mine mounted.. they ended up on the right side. a friend made-up a fancy mount to hang the horn from the frame rail on the right side... had to reach all the way across behind the fan with extension to tighten the bolt, but it looks great, and is really outta the way.
mounted the relay in the same spot as joe, on one of the two spots in the frame on the left.
also did the tank lid mod, and changed reflectors on the side of the fairing out for square lights.

thewhiterhino":ocdw8qt0 said:
jdegase":ocdw8qt0 said:
and changed reflectors on the side of the fairing out for square lights.

Where did you find the reflector replacements, and are they the right size.. I have been looking but no banana so far. :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

I'd be interested in knowing what you used and where you gt them also. :)

Where did you find the reflector replacements, and are they the right size.. I have been looking but no banana so far.

They wernt direct replacements. the size is very close and look pretty good so far.
its a reese #73812 stud mount light
reh-73812_w.jpg

I plan to modify the black plastic base, so it fits the base of the new lights.. and on my fairing the left side reflector nut was frozen to the stud and the black plastic base/reflector was sacrificed to get the stud out so tomarrow I plan a trip to the salvage yard to find a good left side reflector base...
when finished I'll post a few pics to show better what I'm doing.

oh ya, the left side had been stuck for some time... cause when I finally broke away the reflector and plastic base I found maroon red.... the original color of the fairing . :smilie_happy: