Wow...just wow.

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since I often share some of my riding experiences here I might as well share this one.

Today on the way home from work I decided to make a detour to my buddy's house for a visit. This takes me down Boulder Highway in the Southeast area of the Vegas valley. It has a nice straight stretch with a 55 mph limit. Sometimes it's wide open, and sometimes(like today) it was moderately busy. I was stuck in a group of cars that were trying to see who could drive the slowest on this 55 mph stretch, when The middle lane/all three lanes opened up in front of me.

I dropped her into 4th and cranked the accelerator.

Now this I have done before but never quite like this...I'm sure I have a carb that is lagging behind the others and I just never really pushed. Well, she pushed back. After a moment in 5th at full throttle I felt that flat spot that again makes me think carb sync...only this time I held her wide open.

All of a sudden this huge burst of power hits and the sound...or lack there of. It was like the planets aligned or something. I have never heard a more beautiful, more sublimely smooth, and quiet sound from her engine, she sounded like a brand new bike - no shit. The tach just kept climbing but alas it was already time to slow down. I forgot to look at the speedo, but I must have went from 35 mph to 95 mph in just a few seconds.

It was glorious. :heat:

~O~

Oh, its possible, I went soo fast last month that my speedometer cable couldn't handle the pressure and broke! But a trip to ebay & $17 later all is good. :music:

It IS magical, ain't it?
smiley31.gif

It's like we ride these old giants nice and easy 90% of the time, and then, every once and a while, we get the urge to let 'er rip, and all is well with the world for those few moments! :music:
Way tuh go there, O-Man! :clapping:

maybe a carb slide was stuck, and finally loosened in a glorious moment of afterburner thrust... sorry about that last metaphor, but a sticking carb slide might have been robbing some throttle response????????

It must be nice to ride now, the only excitement I'm enjoying/doing is removing snow from the driveway :Awe: !! Enjoy the ride :eek:k: Bob

Latest posts