• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB Timing Belt covers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOLOLOL didn't even want to ask ya Dan...gonna owe ya my soul before it is over with !!! My left side chrome cover got a hole punched in it by the foot peg when it went down.

Sweet!!!! Once I get the major project of the fairing solved I will need the timing belt cover, and one of the lower units is broken. Obviously the windscreen got shattered..I bought that one from Sabre Cycle...was very pleased with the shield and their service. One thing I am dealing with is ....I bought an Odessy battery (680cca) which I put in the bike an hour before I wrecked it. I start the bike regularly but it seems the battery drains down even with no fairing ( lights, radio, etc) I have a power pack and it starts immediately....but still have to jump it each time. What's up with THAT ....I haven't done a systems check yet. Just yakkin here.

I would suggest disconnecting the battery if it is draining that quick(overnight?). You may have pinched a wire somewhere that is causing a short of sorts. That could be dangerous if all the smoke comes out of the wires while you're away at work(or play)....
I have found that my old batt. will not stay up if I don't start it for 4-5 days or more, but....it's an old battery....

I am inclined to agree with Joel on this... pinched wire sounds about right.. got a meter?? disconnect + and connect the leads to the wire and terminal.. put it on volts dc and see if it pops voltage with the key off..if it does you have something drawing power.. also look at your starter relay and see if the wire maybe touching the frame.. long shot but a likely candidate for this power drain.. it don't have to lay up against it just close enough and rubbibg slightly.. volts will tell you if power is being drawn, set to amps and ity will tell you if it is a direct short.. high amps or a slight one like a pinched wire.... have aux lighting on it?? it could be suspect..