1 wire Denso output???

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badorderbob

Reaction score
Question is,... my output voltage is dropping :Awe: !! Belts and pullies are tight, battery reads 12.47 fully charged and idleing now reads 12.9 to 13.5 volts. Went for an 80 mile jaunt yesterday and no problems with everything turned on and read 13.4 13.5 :headscratch: !! But at first conversion, she was putting out 14.1 to 14.3 then dropped down to a 13.9 to 13.8 and now a 13.4 to 13.5, all of this with a 3 to 1 ratio on the conversion. Is the alt only putting out what is needed or is the regulator or alternator both slipping away?? :Awe: :help: Later Bob

Bob ckeck the voltage at the alt and see what it is if the alt is not pushing a strong voltage out it could mean that there is a diode going out
another thing is you can discharge the battery alittle then see if the alt charges stronger it maybe that it is putting out what it needs to to keep the battery up chargeing at 13 is not bad with a load
Cooltech

badorderbob":2imp8037 said:
Question is,... my output voltage is dropping :Awe: !! Belts and pullies are tight, battery reads 12.47 fully charged and idleing now reads 12.9 to 13.5 volts. Went for an 80 mile jaunt yesterday and no problems with everything turned on and read 13.4 13.5 :headscratch: !! But at first conversion, she was putting out 14.1 to 14.3 then dropped down to a 13.9 to 13.8 and now a 13.4 to 13.5, all of this with a 3 to 1 ratio on the conversion. Is the alt only putting out what is needed or is the regulator or alternator both slipping away?? :Awe: :help: Later Bob

The alternator should be putting out around 14.5 at the battery, never above 15 volts.
This can taper down as the battery reaches full charge, which is 12.8 volts on a healthy battery.
It does seem since your voltage reads were low even when you first installed it and getting lower now that the alt is dieing.
Mine went the other way. Suddenly one day out of the blue minding my own business, I look at the volt meter and it's crankin out 15.5 volts. Had to have a new regulator put in it.
Next time I'm having it coverted back to the 3 wire dealyo.

I hope it's doing that, tapering off and charging when needed :beg: !! I'll do a drain on it like turning the kill switch off and just leave the headlight on high for a little while and then start and get a reading. But first I'm going to compare what she is reading at the battery! Get back in a little while with my readings :wave: !! Bob

I have had zero issues with my charging so far...I have a gel type battery I got from a store called batteries plus.. I have a multimeter set up on the top of my pocket so I can watch the volts as I ride ect. Plus the old voltmeter already on the bike..

Ok,.. my battery is a 2yr.old Odessey and always maintained with a Jr.Tender which is for this type of battery. Just was out to test it and found she is putting out 14.45 at 1200 rpm. :swoon: !! So I idled here to 1000rpm and she's puting out 14.3 to 14.5,.....so I do believe she's doing her job :music2: :music: !! I'm going to hook the digital volt meter closer to the battery for a better read and see if that makes a differance,...there's about a 2volt differance between the two, hand held meter!! Any more thoughts and thanks for the opinion/help guys!! :salute: Bob

Yeh the unknown kinda freaks you out alittle doesn't it, that's what makes this stuff exciting as anything, I love it, that freaking Wilcoy wasted no time going up to Sturgus and all...I'm still waiting for mine to blow up... :shock: :shock: :Egyptian: Kaboom :clapping:

Put a carb conversion on with accelorater pump spring turned sideways causing just RAW gas to enter the plenum,.....then push the start button :doh: !! Don't think ya won't be cleaning your britchs out,.....KABooM :smilie_happy: !! Next door neighbor came over to see if I was ok :smilie_happy: !!! I'm thinking of runing the meter directly to the battery with a relay so it won't be on all the time. Hopefully for a better read :hihihi: !! Any thoughts?? :thanks: Bob

I wish I could have a video tape of that.... :shock: :shock: We all screw up from time to time...

Latest posts