• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

1979 Honda Goldwing GL1000 for sale

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mcgovern61":vx58t430 said:
slabghost":vx58t430 said:
I really think the fuel in plenum stuff is a stuck or high float.I'd try adjusting them using the wet method on a bench.
2nd that! I had gas in the plenum AFTER a complete rebuild with Randakks kit and it turned out that the floats were out of adjustment and the float needle as not sealing even though they had been cleaned. Cleaned 3 times before they sealed every time. (Worth looking into!)
I 3rd that!

Fuel in the plenum is a classic sign of a float bowl overflowing.

Ah, I've had the carbs apart twice, adjusted all the floats twice (yes the right way too), new o rings, etc, but did not touch the plenum. For the life of me I can't get the carbs to not leak fuel. I've done the carb rebuilds in the past and life was good. The new float bowl gaskets were all swollen too, the second time I pulled the carbs off. Mainly #3 carb leaks. Fuel just pours out, That's after two separate float valve replacements too. Though not honda float valves....

So running out of ideas....

Is it possible that you have a faulty float? You can shake it and see if it sounds like there is liquid in it. You can also place it in a bowl of hot water and see if bubbles come out of it.