1981 GL1100 Cases

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a36pilot

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I recently purchased a 1981 GL1100 from the original owner. It has not been started in over 6 years so I’m looking forward to the project. The bike has luggage cases that I can’t seem to identify. I’ve looked at many images of the 81 GL1100 and have not been able to find something that matches. Each case has a pin the pops out with the key lock. You can then pull up on another spring pin to remove the case from the bike. I’m hoping they are original but won’t be disappointed if they are not. I know there is someone out there that can ID these cases.
BIG THANKS!

Attachments

• 81 GL1100.1.jpg
    81 GL1100.1.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 81 GL1100.2.jpg
    81 GL1100.2.jpg
    186.2 KB · Views: 104
They are Hondaline aftermarket luggage bags. A few years back, I found a brand new set sitting in their original boxes and replaced my old worn out ones.

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

My original cases had seen a lot of miles and the one that was used for the trunk I added a luggage rack to it. They are very convenient for working on the rear brakes or just washing the bike. The Interstate bags are very difficult to get off compared to these with the single key and pull pin.

image.php

I really appreciate the information from you guys! I'm looking forward to getting this bike on the move again.

Latest posts