1984 1200 appencade found outside

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joedrum

Supporting Member
Reaction score
my wife told me about an old wing she saw ... so went to look at it ... it was sitting outside with for sale sign over all looks were ruff everything was there... so when i look further i could tell that it had been well maintain at one point the exhast was in supper shape the motor was clean and had no signs of leakage anywhere ... the mileage was almost 77,000 ... the lcd ints. and stuff came on when power was hook up... the hydr. clulch , rear brakes were down the front seemed okay . my overall impression was that it was not all that bad but a project bike... it would diffinutly need painting the original color is black ... had heel toe shifter ,floor boards and engine gards and pegs which were not rusted at all and leading me again to thinking its not been weathered long . the guy wants a 1000 $ for it but i think thats alittle much for a bike not running . i think this model has an intercom it looks to have everything honda had in 84

i would like some input on 1200 insite that anyone has and some input on the asppencade model gauges speedo and stuff radio intercom

ithink it can be bought for less thanks

Mechanically the '84 is very close to a 1000 or 1100 so problems that arise from sitting are the same like clogged carb jets, gas tank rust, frozen calipers, etc. I know very little about the 1200 Asp gauges so can't help there.

Oh also, the 1200 exhaust doesnt rust as quickly in that one spot like the earlier exhaust does so that might not be a good judge.

not a whole lot but looking for info .... i can see that sator has been taken care of ,the wires i mean no dis color or anything visable , thats what imean in everything that counts you can tell its in the same condition that it was in when somebody pulled it out of the garage ...fuel off... carbs clean not leaking at all no stains at all ,dust and pollen everywhere but no oil grease grime or rust to speak of except some body trims,motor dosnt look like its been over wrenched or anything close to that...body parts are ruff in look but no cracks some patching around monts and stuff means nothing around here in southern in. lots of hills gravel bad roads turns cliffs montain sides to test anything ever made about staying together the fact that its this old and has all its parts says its passed the test it must be a well together bike

im sure i can get it running but i dont want to id rather go for lower price with the confidence of getting it running easaly

my only concerns is i dont like the cdi ignition,hydrolic lifters and clucth and just dont anything about gauges and such

it looks like somthing a guy could get runnig good for $1500

well here is an idea.. you don't care for the upgraded items.. but if you fix it up, and repair then repaint you could get 3000 for it.. depending on what you sunk into it would it be worth buying, fgixing and reselling.. and would your costs allow you to make some extra after the work?? if after you got it an dworked on it and had it road worthy could it be something you might keep?? If you could get him down under the asking price.. point out the visible and the non running status.... and see if you can discount it down.. just some thoughts to throw out there..

my thoughts to , ididnt mean ididnt like it i just dont know anything about the lcd display...the other things ive mention are just things hydro cluch ,lifters are not huge the 1200 could be a real smooth running deal if treated like a tourer .... high rpm and hydro lifters just dont seem to go together....but from the looks of this bike the owner knew this well... iwouldnt get it unless i wanted it myself ... my mogrel 1000 is a compact tourer with lots of power and high rpm to scream down the road withits solid lifters and stuff... the 1200 is proably 200 pounds heavier and at the other end of the scale from the mongrel .

me and the wife would fit well on the 1200 im about 190 wt.and shes about 125wt ...we fit well on the mongrel so im sure wed fit on the 1200 just fine...lots say you sould skip the 1200 and get a 1500.... as far as im concerned the twelve hundred is big enough big enough

so im going to go look at it again its diffinutly got huge poteincal on joining the mongrel

The 1200 is smooth.........! I only rode one, but it was enough for me! At church we have a few 1500's and they are nice, but just a bit too much plastic for me.

just how you like it you seem to be the perfect person to listen to i think your bike is the same ... this one has the beefed up e-3 stuff and i guess intercom ... would like to know how that works...lcd display stuff... got some kind of trip meter stuff .....lots of knobs and switches down low on faring... and im sure theres features i dont know about...how do the air shocks work on the 84 ... whats the touring rpm at 70mph....

i know you like the 1500 a lot better but with that in mind give me rundown on the two bikes ... im not thinking one way are the other , this is just a the opprotunity now at hand thanks for your insite detdrbuzzard!!!!!!

Latest posts