1985/1986 1200 GW CFI ECU Upgrade - PnP ECU

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rednaxs60

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mentioned this in my thread: https://classicgoldwings.com/thread...d-1986-se-i-fuel-injection-motorcycles.14941/

The Speeduino Project ECUs are used for PnP applications because of the open source concept, lots of interesting developments being done with regards to PnP ECU designs. This is not to say that a different aftermarket ECU provider would not do the trick; however, I like the Speeduino Project and will use it for the basis of this thread. As with any of my threads that are based on a premise, this thread is for information and maybe the impetus that helps a person decide whether to upgrade/modernize the '85/'86 1200 GW CFI ECU.

I have started my research into what is a PnP ECU is, what it comes with, and what the user will have to do to use it. I will be using the Spark Gap X4 from openlogicefi as the design prototype for this project discussion, I'm using this ECU for the CFI system upgrade/modernization project. This Speeduino ECU clone has all the attributes required for a PnP CFI ECU, IMHO. There are others that can be used, but that is for the next PnP CFI ECU designer to do.

Short preamble. Cheers

Latest posts