6-1/2" pioneer speakers mounted today

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danf

Reaction score
so my 14 year old and I went to walmart last night, I wanted to see the speakers so we were looking thru the different ones and I was literally talked into the pioneer speakers, see 14 year old girls knows everything don't ya know and she said the pioneer's sounded the best, I said I like the sony's but they were smaller, pioneers were like $50.00 I said I don't need them I have four 4" ones now, She insisted I get them, so I got them, in my brain I always knew pioneer's sounded good, so I mounted these 6-1/2" speakers today, So what do the young kids say today OMG, I was saying that in the garage tonight. Man do these speakers with my auto panasonic car stereo sound awesome, I don't even have the rear two speakers hooked up either..Man...Great investment,, I won't eat for a week now beacuse of it.. :smilie_happy: I should have some photo's for you fella's tomorrow..I was thinking of getting a amp but it's plenty gosh darn loud now..I'm sure others have done this but not many tell you how they do it, I plan to tomorrow for any of you guy's and gals that wish to do it this way....

Ok it's today and as promised I said I'd take some photo's ect but first there's something your gonna have to come to grips with, your gonna have to cut into the fairing, which I doubt some of you are will to do, those of you that want 6" speakers will do it those of you that don't or have a different method well my hat is off to you. The pioneer speakers come with a template I have a photo of it below, What I did was cut out the inner circle with a jigsaw, laid the speaker in place placed the cover on and I drew a circle on the outside of the cover and cut that out, now I have a ring, being I have a custom made box already in place I fastened a 2" wooden plywood block or nailer as we call them, 2" is about the correct distance from the fairing, the wood block is in place so the ring can be screwed to it, the ring is also screwed to the fairing itself using two screws about 2" apart, you will see in the photo's.View attachment 5View attachment 4View attachment 3View attachment 2View attachment 1

I have the finished product here. I realize not everyone has a box like this but the idea of using the ring saves space and gives you an idea to do things your own way..I fitting it and this is how I did it..Cheers to all of you goldwingers out there..One last photo Don't mind the mess I have not done my laundry yet.. :smilie_happy:

thank you Joe Drum, the speakers sound amazingly good..Plenty loud..I'm looking into maybe surface mounting some 3" speakers into the rear box, 4" ones are too large to surface mount.. 3" should be the perfect fit.. You know what I think Joe, I think people will be chicken to cut a hole out ha ha...don't you, I fear nothing ha ha :smilie_happy: :Egyptian:

dan filipi":3kj2ja6b said:
Looks good beav!

Mine really needs rears so I'm watching and waiting :popcorn:
Dan it sounds better than it looks, what a difference from those silly old 4" jobs I had before, major change man.major.. My friend Rich here is a pretty cool cat from the Goldwingdoc. site, really a good guy...

Hey Dan,

The pics I put up were of the left side of the fairing (where the sound system lives) because this thread was about the speakers that were installed....

I'll put up a few of the right side (where the Ham Radio resides) and the antenna mount.... just take a look and you will see the bike is QSO ready... <grin>

Rich

I plan on cutting a custom cut round filler for the bottom side of the speakers ring, I hated having to cut into the fairing but I saw no better way to surface mount it, I know I'm not the first to do this,,, :music3:

I thought the same thing, freakin awesome sub woofer, amp should sound pretty darn good..Rich I have never seen anyone do this..

Yes, I am a SICK and TWISTED individual..... almost 54 years old (in June) and I still act like I'm 16...

I just wanted to have a "thumping" sound system to compete with the "kids" in the neighborhood.... there's nothing like pulling up to a traffic light and having some Mississippi Queen playin on the radio and seeing the soccer moms look around to see who is causing their car windows to rattle....

Kinda like the thrill I used to get when I would set off car alarms with my <ahem> high powered CB radio back in the day... it's amazing what 1 KW will do to a car alarm from 5 feet away....

Since I did all the LED changovers and the HID headlight, the bike doesn't discharge anymore at idle (1000 RPM give or take 50 RPM) unless I have the tunes CRANKED and the sub is pulling major amperage.. so I think I got it right...

If I can remember I will take a new Youtube video of the bike with the system cranked up... unfortunately, Youtube videos don't give you the "chest thumpin" pressure waves that this system delivers and the fidelity leaves a bit to be desires.... but if I can have my buddy come by with his HD camera, I'll give it a try again...

Here's the link to my previously posted (elsewhere) video of the sub just after I installed it..

https://youtu.be/Kyne1SvN8nc

If you have good speakers on your computer, you will hear the bass.... this was also before I painted it black to make it a little less "noticeable"...

Rich

I just saw this video for the first time, Rich it cracked me up man, that's gonna put a lot of youngs to shame, I laughed really hard when I heard this, Santa Maria man...some funny stuff... :yahoo: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts