• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

80-82 carbs

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leanjoe

Reaction score
Disaster has struck. I need a #4 carb body due to a broken mixture screw tower. I have a rack off an 80 but # 4 is shot on that one as well. Trade ya. Anyone ?

I have a '83 rack I think #4 is good. I need to pull the float bowl and have a look.
I need a #2 carb.
What year is yours? I'd like to keep the rack all 83 with the removable jets.

Does the #2 you have need rebuild?

I bought an 80 rack so I could replace the # 4 on my 82. Surprise,the #4 mixture screw tower is broken. I wanted to replace #4 because the po had let them seize and then tried t free them up by beating on all the butterflys. So now,I have 2 #4 bodies that are junk and the rest of the 82 rack has butterflies that dont close up completely. Maybe I'll just try and work with the original#4 and see if it will work. What a nightmare. I saw a set of seperated 1100 carbs on ebay,except the jerk completely disassembled them,pulling out the shafts and all. Now selling each piece,screws,shafts butterflys,jets ... seperately. Jeez

It's amazing sometimes the lengths people go to make stuff difficult, complicated, and pretty much useless. I don't have any spares myself but there are others here who may.

Thanks. I'm going to spend my day,r+r ing those F*&^in things,AGAIN and see if I can make a miracle. :fiddle:

Could you mail me the destroyed carb 4? I need to pull the idle jet out of it as I destroyed my idle jet trying to clean it out.
I could paypal or mail you the money to cover postage.

[email protected]

Thanks.