81 GW 1100 runs way too rich

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=137468#p137468:21vzvdfz said:
joedrum » Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:44 am[/url]":21vzvdfz]
lobo i agree with with you honda carbs are not what i consider good ....and none of my wings have them ...i dont know who fed you the info on honda idle jets for 1100 oldwing are .014 ...but there simply wrong period ... and your stuck on this being your problem... they are .035 ...you are asking ? here and people are trying to help ... but instead you are trying to teach us instead ..but its your bike that running rich and dont work right ... i dont know how many idle jets i have cleared with .035 drill bit ...1000s and 1100s and for yrs have had this bit for this purpose ..if you want to believe .014 idle jet as true i dont know what can be said to help you ...sending you new or used idle jet bigger than what you claim you have in your idle jets certainly is not going to fix your problem ... do you have the idle jets out of the carbs ...to me its obvious by your posts they are not drilled out bigger than there suppose to be
Joe, I think we are all assuming he has compared or checked and knows they are oversized...014 in inches is about .035mm...Far as I can tell the actual marked size is not how Keihin sizes, It may be a percentage of 1mm so a jet marked 30 is 30% of 1mm but I cant say for sure.
Lobo, you do know that the orifice on the press in jet is not where it is on the screw in type is?
The screw in has the orifice on the end or tapered tip, the press in one has the orifice lower in the jet so the end of the jet will look large until you go down into it where the tiny opening is.
Also read a diabetic hypodermic needle is a way to clear and check, the is just a little smaller then the orifice.

I've cleaned the jets in mine and there is no way to do it without pulling them. I used a drywall screw forced in and a little pry bar like a tack puller to pry them out and clean them. You need not remove the screw to clean the jets. Clean them and tap them back in place then remove the screw. Threads left will not affect the function.

edit- The hole you see in the jets as they are installed does not go through. It isn't supposed to. All the action happens inside the carb body.