85LTD ABS engine covers

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roondog

Reaction score
I have the chrome engine covers on my 85 LTD and would like to know where I might get the color matched ABS engine covers. I have seen them on other LTD's by pic galleries and thus far, no replies from other inquiries.
They look awesome and come with the hardware, color matched and pinstriped just like the original paint job on the bike. Any info would be great.

I have seen a few,and accually have a set on my 1100.
They are not specifec to the LTD but rather an aftermarket item that would need to be painted to match.

You can periodically find them on EBAY but I doubt anyone is still producing them now.

Attachments

• sidecovers 002.JPG
    sidecovers 002.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 143
  • sidecovers 001.JPG
    sidecovers 001.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 142
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=82455#p82455:egw21zo6 said:
slabghost » Sun May 26, 2013 1:06 pm[/url]":egw21zo6]can you post a picture of what you want? 1060dsl may have a source.

I got more than a source I have a set !! - brand new comes with brackets and instructions - I bought them off a guy from another forum but never used them - $60 if you want them plus shipping (about $25.00 to US) they will need to be painted and are made for the 1200 - will not fit an 1100 I think I paid $75 for them but I am not sure if that included shipping which would have been $25 so i split it down the middle..! Here are a few pictures of what they look like and how they fit on the bike
Neither of the bikes pictured here are mine I just got them off the web to show how they look when they are on

View media item 19401

Lemme know if you want them if not I'm gonna shop em on my eBay store

Right,the 1200 covers do not fit the 1100 and vise versa.
That is an excellant price,I paid $100.00 plus freight for mine and know of others that paid even more.They are in hi demand,and short supply.

Is there any reason to think they will not fit the LTD or SEs?Fuel pump for the FI maybe?

Yup, I think that will be great! Now to color match the paint for the 85 LTD and pinstriping. From what I understand, these ABS side covers were made retail at one time back when, color matched and pinstriped. Geez, whatever happened to the good ole days.
Just click on my album to see my LTD. If I can find a wineberry or sky blue 1200 that is set up better than mine, than I would buy it. It would have to have lots of chrome and lights, C.B., original radio, custom pinstriping and murals a plus, and must have immaculate original paint.
High hopes i know, but they are out there and reasonable. I am still looking but am staisfied for now with my limited number production LTD. If I was to sell my bike, even now, I would ask no less than $5,500.

Do not hold me to it,but I still believe there might be a fit problem with the LTD do to the FI some how.I just seem to remember a guy that bought a set and could not make them work on his LTD but do not quit remember the details.Could have been another reason.

I will say they make a huge differance in the heat from the motor.Much nicer in the summer.

Regarding the heat, I don't feel it as much since I do have the chrome covers on now. I di like the little bit of heat I get in the winter though. Now to get another windshield that won't put the cold weather right on my hands. I have the wrap around that from what I understand is aftermarket. Another topic, yes.
I was looking on you tube and there are guys parting out some pristene 85 LTD's. Ones that would stomp mine in a show! Crazy!