" A friendly Warning"

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I thought i would throw this out there, so no one else makes this mistake. If you take your thermo switch apart to clean the dried up grease out of the little pin rod hole, Do NOT put any heat to it at all ( and it don't take much) unless it has been put back together. These things will blow up pushing the little white plastic pin inside out just like firing a 22 bullet. As most of us, mechanics usually want to look at what is taking place in the process, just don't be looking down at it, standing over it, if you are brave enough to try it anyways. It will burn your skin ( really fast and deep), maybe even poke out your eye, as i got really lucky not realizing and thinking ahead of the process. I will Say This Again...DO NOT TRY THIS...EVER..... I ONLY WISHED SOMEONE WAS STANDING BEHIND ME AND GIVING ME THIS.. :Doh2:

Live and learn hopefully, thanks for being the crash test dummy :good: :smilie_happy:

Latest posts