A little guidance needed... and a few prayers wouldn't hurt

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plskthompson1

Reaction score
Hey guys, this probably isn't the place for what I'm about to ask, but I'm not sure what to do or where to go with this.

As you can tell from my sig, I'm a Christian, proud of it, and know where I'm going when the good Lord calls me home. My dad, on the other hand, I'm not so sure about, but I want to try and help fix that.

I have the opportunity to introduce him to the CMA's in a big way in June, but I'm not sure I can get him there. When this first came about, one of the CMA chapters in the state offered to take 10 "lost" bikers, all expenses paid, to the national rally at Iron Mountain, near Mena, Arkansas. I suggested that he go with us and he was actually pondering the idea. The only draw back was that his current job is considered temporary, and he couldn't get the time off.

Well, he has now gotten another, more permanent job, but we are sure that he can't take the full week off. He can, however, take a couple of days toward the end of the week, but that throws the all expensed paid trip out for him. I can afford to pay for his admission to the rally, but I can't afford to pay for his room, meals, or fuel for the trip. My plan is to carry my tent setup, but if the wife goes, I'm pretty sure she's not going to want my dad rooming with us in the tent.

What I'm asking for is your opinion on what to do, and your prayers for the guidance on what to do. Thanks in advance.

Oh, by the way, from my front door to the rally is just under 11 hrs, so I'm sure we could make it in a day if we tried, but I don't want to push to hard.

Here is a link describing the event.
https://www.cmausa.org/events/#44

theres seems to be a lot of obsticals in the way on this event ,11 hrs away, money,wife and job stuff. changes of the heart can be jump started with events but true change comes from observation and im sure hes waching you.lets say your dad is my age 55+ change will be hard and hes seen a lot of events on many issues and is proably not going to depend on this one event for change. you are the best event going on for change in your dad so if i were you id keep him close to watch god inside you work its change in your dad . thats my thoughts

Joe is right, change can be harder the older we get. However, my wife's Grandmother came to live with us when she broke her hip and needed rehab. She was 91 years old. Through daily examples and prayer, she started to have doubts about dying and had great fears! My wife shared Phillipians 4:6 (look it up!) and explained why we have no fear of dying (which she could not understand at the time). She prayed with us and received Jesus right there on the bed at 91 years old. Soon after, she had more episodes of senility and had to be taken to a nursing home. However, while there she seemed to regain her mind and participated in bible studies (BTW it was a secular nursing home, not a Christian organisation) and the nursing staff often referred to her as a great Christian influence in their lives (she was 94 when she passed).

My point, age may not be the only factor, but your living example will speak greater volumes to truth than any words coming out of your mouth. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Truth is truth.

I know this is a motorcyle forum, but I would be remiss in my responsibilties as a Pastor/Teacher if I say nothing. I will pray for you and your father!

My opinion is if this Rally is the right thing to do the solutions will come together for all of you.
If your Dad is open to the idea and is seeking help then he will make things go right to get there.

Latest posts