Absolute floppy mirror rage please help

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motörhead

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1985 Kawasaki Concours
1975 Honda GL1000
Fed up with looking at my elbows and feet I done tried tightening up the nut which didn't work and drilling into the pot metal to add a set screw but couldn't get a pilot hole started.

Is this an aftermarket mirror?
Screenshot_2024-05-10-12-52-09-191.jpg

Either Emgo or used OEM rplacement GL style mirrors are stupid expensive and I'm afraid of wasting good money after bad.

Has anyone pulled the radio controls off the clutch master cylinder and installed handlebar mirrors? What brand did you use and are the threads reversed on one mount? Any pics appreciated. Before the day is over I'm solving this.

Tried adding tension with a cut down spare clutch spring. Didn't work.
Cutting off the radio controls, I don't use it anyway. Going with handlebar mirrors. Brake master cylinder mount is reverse thread.
Screenshot_2024-05-10-14-03-26-815.jpg

I got a pair of 10 mm stalk mirrors with thread adapters and brackets to move them away from the windshield as a bolt trial revealed interference. Will post pics and a review once they're on. Hopefully the lines of the fairing isn't too upset but that's a minor issue for me.
Screenshot_2024-05-11-10-58-51-749.jpg

Once I find GOOD quality fairing mirrors these are coming back off. I'm going on a long highway trip and am currently concerned with function over beauty.