Air filter box gasket

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chewy999

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have been trying to obtain the gasket, part no.17219-463-300, for the air filter box for my GL1100 but as with a lot of parts, it is now obsolete! Does anyone know where I might get one, or do you know what else may be used instead?
Hear from you soon,
Jon

chewy999":3c2g9rkt said:
Hi everyone, I have been trying to obtain the gasket, part no.17219-463-300, for the air filter box for my GL1100 but as with a lot of parts, it is now obsolete! Does anyone know where I might get one, or do you know what else may be used instead?
Hear from you soon,
Jon
Ebay often has used ones up for grabs!

#6 in this diagram? I think you could prolly get some dense, closed cell rubber weatherstripping for that....I think. :headscratch:

17219-463-300.JPG

If you are not successful finding one, here's an idea I have used to seal around door moldings of old cars.

After a good job of cleaning, lay a generous layer of silicon around the sealing area. Let it sit until tacky - but not fully cured. Then lay cellophane over the silicon and leave it sit on a flat surface until cured. The cellophane should peel off when done, but if not, you'll probably want to trim neatly with a razor blade anyways.
Now you will end up with a pliable seal. :salute:

Thanks for the replies and for your time. Had an idea to try something like draught excluder you buy on a roll. I'll let you know how it turns out,
Jon

scdmarx, I can make that work for a lot of things, good idea! I can envision, with the cellophane still attached, carefully placing the lid in place to embed the silicon slightly in the shape of the lid so it will fit around the shape of the air filter box. Then after it cures, removing the cellophane and snugging it into place.

wish I read this earlier I fired a few air filter boxes out just last weekend sorry

1060dsl":254rhgk3 said:
wish I read this earlier I fired a few air filter boxes out just last weekend sorry

Say Mike, you aught to put a link in your signature to your Ebay store.
Would help us find it.