An internet question.......?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scdmarx

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1982 Standard
I'm trying to look up and old friend. Both of us got lost in the shuffle of life. A few years ago I used to be able to look up phone listings on the internet. Now it seems everything I try redirects me to the credit card page. I have found several sites that advertise free white pages look up, and they find several possibilities, usually between 6 & 12 hits on that name, all from a proximity that I would expect to find my old friend, then when I click for more info I end up at the credit card page again. I really don't need to buy a criminal background check on the dude. And with the possibility that their listing may not even be the dude I'm looking for. :?: Add to the fact that I'm not exactly comfortable passing out my credit card number to any of these folks. One thing I discovered that really opened my eyes was the social networking of these times. Good greif, doesn't anybody go out and meet a girl and date in person anymore? :swoon:

Does anyone know of a website where you can just look up phone listings? Or did Osama and the internet make that go away for good? We knew each other after our high school days, so something like classmates.com wouldn't work. He was from Bwast'n and I have no way of knowing what school he went to. Anyone know how to do this?

scdmarx":30i0xz7t said:
dan filipi":30i0xz7t said:
How 'bout 411 or the free 411?

https://www.free411.com ????

I never tried that site. I was thinking of 411 on the phone.
free 411 on the phone is 1-800-373-3411
You have to listen to an ad but the call is free.

411 on my cell costs almost $2.00 per call now!

Interesting tidbit:
The big book white pages here have stopped printing. They say they'll more than make up revenues by increased 411 charges.

Is your friends name Paul Simon? :smilie_happy:
I do understand the problem. I've tried a few searches recently and it seems everyone wants money now. I just quit hunting.

Latest posts