Another one gone

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My second street bike was a Suzuki 550GT. Super heavy monster of a bike but really fast. Wish I still had it.

lew1701":zox68ne0 said:
The very first street bike I ever owned was a '78 kz650. Bought it used in 1983 and over the next few years I rode it from southern CA to Illinois many times and was my only means of local transportation. One weekend I went to visit some friends in Monrovia (some of you California boys might know where that is) and the bike had a total electrical failure. Being a 20 something year old bonehead, I just left it in a Black Angus parking lot and never saw it again. I would give almost anything to have it back again.
Look around. They are still out there. I have two of them and there is a forum devoted entirely to the KZ650s. There are a few that have been turbo modified.

Good stories!

Kawasaki Mach I and II, nicknamed widow-maker. Awesome acceleration but poor handling and brakes.

GT750 water buffalo
GT550
GT380

all triples.

My first bike was tiny CB50 and when I rode my friend's GT125 it blew me away.

There are so many old bikes I want to collect.. if my wife allows me.. sigh

Yep, widow maker. That's the one!

If memory serves, at that time (late 70's early 80's) it was rumored the 750 2 stroke triple was outlawed.
Dunno exactly what that means, illegal to own or ride on the street?

I thought mine was black. Didn't pay much attention to the color in those days always messing with the oil injector to keep it working right I guess. No money for anything either.

paddy, what's up with your avatar?

DAN WROTE>>>>>>paddy, what's up with your avatar?[/quote]

You unlock that avatar with the key of imagination.Beyond it is another dimension.A dimension of sound.A dimension of sight.A dimension of mind,you'll be moving to a land of both shadow and substance of things and ideas.You just crossed over into THE PADDY ZONE!! :shock:

dan filipi":d2j93qu6 said:

If memory serves, at that time (late 70's early 80's) it was rumored the 750 2 stroke triple was outlawed.

I thought mine was black. Didn't pay much attention to the color in those days always messing with the oil injector to keep it working right I guess. No money for anything either.

I wanted to change it to something less disturbing and just can't get it right! :swoon:

paddy.shadow":3riqoyzc said:
dan filipi":3riqoyzc said:

I wanted to change it to something less disturbing and just can't get it right! :swoon:

Same here paddy.Loaded a pic last night.Wanted to load 2 more.But keep getting THE EXTENSION BMP IS NOT ALLOWED.Whatever that means :headscratch: :(

Latest posts