Another road trip....for Blue Sky Expeditions....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bk2valve

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am leaving sometime the last couple of days of May for my west coast/PNW/Vancouver Island and lower BC ride.

I expect to be gone from southern NM for the hottest part of the summer so most of June and July.

Next Weds. I will head with the rig and dog/monkey up to a short visit with my bride...short because she is in the beginning of the wildfire season and works 10+ hours a day. I will leave from there and expect to hit the CA coast in about the Eureka
area and ride it to the Olympia Peninsula...I will hang around in the PNW for a while...

If anyone is on the way or even somewhere near and you want to meet up for coffee, please shoot me a PM and I will do my best...

I won't plan on posting much at all in any of the groups I belong to, so will say, have a great summer and lots of good riding. If anyone ends up in Coeur d'alene ID for the USCA national rally, I may see you there, otherwise I will check back in about August and see where everyone has been... :wave:

Take care....
Brian

Have a safe trip Brian and enjoy. I was on a website last night from Couer D'lane, dansmc.com, i think he has a shop or something there, tons of great info. Anyway, take care.

Thanks winger, sledge and mwbill. I will try to get pix up on Facebook and my blog as I travel at least and when I get back I will put some on here.

I should say here, I hope that I have better luck with the bike on this trip than I did getting it into Mexico last winter...hahaha...at least here I can have my wife send me the parts I have packed up in the shed in Durango way more easily....let's hope I don't need any...or parts I don't have. It will be tons easier here in the US to manage all the bike stuff though...

Be well
Brian

Hi Joe....you are doing good work Joe. Once your awesome shop/doghouse is done you will be grinning ear to ear to be able to be out of the weather with your many projects.

At my age and health I need to get as much traveling done now as I can. I am a firm believer that the present moment is all there is, after watching so many people die before they ever get to do their dream trip, etc. Tomorrow is a dream and the past does not exist so now is it.

We have had a lot of death here in NM lately, nothing unusual but it definitely makes me aware of my mortality and that how I feel and am today, will be the best it gets.

I am very grateful that at 68 I am still doing this and able to enjoy sleeping under the stars and feeling the breeze on my face as I drop off to sleep. Man, it doesn't get any better than that!
Be well and stay happy,
Brian

Hi all,
Back in Truth or Consequences again.

Wow, what a trip! My dog and I rode about 8,000 miles in a little over a month and a half. I will try to get a couple photos up. I don't really take many...I like to just absorb the moment and i find camera's distracting.

As it turns out it was the wettest spring in years...in BC it was the wettest in 40 years. I have to confess that after 45 days on the road and camping in the most amazing amount of rain, I hit the limit of my endurance as I was camped on the east side of Hayden Lake, about a week before the USCA Rally was starting.

I couldn't face another week of rain or humid heat with the bugs that come with that. The rally was not that important to me.

I came back south at that point and pulled into my yard here in TorC yesterday afternoon.

That said, I had a great time, saw some amazing country, visited friends and family, camped everywhere from the hot desert to the Pacific coast, from the piney Sierra's to the Olympic rainforest. I spent about a week in the British Columbia Okanogan and Kootenais.

The bike ran flawlessly and I only needed to change out my rear tire once.

I think the lesson learned for me is that I am done with extended mega trips....much shorter and manageable trips from now on...

Occasionally I stay in a room...to dry out or just to relax and take a shower....three this trip. I have always operated from the perspective of not wanting to be limited to a week or so due to the expense of motels. I think that from now on I may do that just to be easier on this old body and brain.

Anyway...good to be home and need to catch up on weed wacking, etc.

Peace,
Brian

Hi guys and thanks for the welcome home...I missed watching the CGW forum and you all.

I woke up at 3:00 this AM and was doubting the 8k miles...went through the trip and miles on the computer...I forgot to write down starting mileage...but that is right...it built up since I rarely go on a superslab, for instance, I drove up the coast, back down to Shaver Lake area on CA49, etc.

I rode north as far as the Oly Peninsula, back to Shaver Lake area, then back up to Dauntless Motors in Enumclaw...lots of ambling around...

BC is really beautiful and the loop around the Lakes in the Kootenais is phenomenal. I guess it is always written up in the Canadian cycle mags. Lots of campgrounds including the Toad Rock Motorcycle Campground...I didn't stay there but it looks good....

www.toadrockcampground.com

Lots of hotels, motels and B&Bs for those who like them too.

I am partial to Canada since I have spent some good time there but I recommend it to anyone. Things are more expensive though and you have to take that into consideration. Fuel is about the same as here and the dollars are close to par.

Anyway guys....now I need to do some needed maintenance on the old beast...oil and filter, brake pads, etc. I think I will give the ol' boy some rest along with this ol' boy.
Cheers,
Bri

P.S. my new-to-me Corbin and backrest along with the fleece covered Thermorest "Trail Pad" made it so I NEVER had a sore butt....so happy.