another thread about the Bridgestone Spitfire S11

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My aging Dunlop D404 grabbed a large screw(lol, how appropriate) so it's tire time again. :head bang: Since Gerry is all about the S11's, that's the brand I'm going to try next.

Funny thing though as I was price checking. The manual calls for 120/90-18 65H front and 140/90-16 71H rear. Several sites state these sizes are incorrect. They don't suggest other sizes just that they won't work on my bike. Do you think this is just bad spec info or maybe they don't have those sizes in stock therefore the sizes they "do" have are unsuitable?

Lastly, I found a set for $150 with free shipping, does that sound decent?

~O~

I wish I were home to check those tire sizes......not sure that size sound right to me (but what do I know....short term and long term memory los..........) :smilie_happy:

Stuck in San Francisco airport due to thunderstorms!

I know the rear tire is a S11R 140/90H16 ....found it in my tire thread! :clapping:

viewtopic.php?p=16851#p16851

Looks like Dennis Kirk might have raised their prices! ($112.99) :shock:

Well, I am inclined to go with the same Bridgestone S11R 140/90H16 that was on the bike. I did get over 13,000 smooth miles out of it and upon closer inspection, it does appear that I ran over something. Dennis Kirk has them for $78.99 which is $41.75 cheaper than I paid for it back in November 2007 from Honda!

https://www.denniskirk.com/543803.sku

Not sure what sizes will fit but this page is from the 82I owners manual.

image.php

Thanks Gerry. I came across a very bad review on this tire, but it seems all MC tire manufacturer's have good and bad reviews. I'm still going with this brand though, folks here have yet to let me down.

I must have been lucky - I can't say I ever had a set of tires that did not perform well maybe I drive too slow

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Sweeeet! That's like free tires, eh? :Egyptian:
I know I'm extremely happy with the Spitfire I just put on the rear of mine. I got it from Dennis Kirk, Rear S11 Spitfire 130/90H-17 Blackwall Tire, total cost $90.98.

Latest posts