• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Any one need a Seat and trunk

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scratch99

Reaction score
Hello to all.I have a seat and a trunk that im going to put in the trush.seat needs to be recoverd and the trunk is in rough shap.I need the room.will wate a few day in case any one wantes them. :hi:

Hello.nothing at all,you are welcome to it.you just need to pay for the shipping.but like it needs to be recoverd

jdegase":35yi2utd said:
Hi Scratch,
how bad is the trunk?
is there a backrest? hows the hindges? latches?
I could use some parts and maybe a trunk lid.
Every thing is still on the trunk.latches and locks are ok.the back rest is there but would need to be recoverd.some how something was sprad on the seat and backrest and started eating away at it.i can have a spar key made for ya.it could use some body work and repaintng if you want to save it.dont know what it was on it.i washed it off so maney times and yet it keeps eatng away at it.your welcome to it.just cover the shipping cost is all i ask.i will take some pics and post them so you can see what im talking about.just give me a few days. :thanks:

scratch99":2raw6qna said:
jdegase":2raw6qna said:
Hi Scratch,
how bad is the trunk?
Every thing is still on the trunk.latches and locks are ok.the back rest is there but would need to be recoverd.some how something was sprad on the seat and backrest and started eating away at it.i can have a spar key made for ya.it could use some body work and repaintng if you want to save it.dont know what it was on it.i washed it off so maney times and yet it keeps eatng away at it.your welcome to it.just cover the shipping cost is all i ask.i will take some pics and post them so you can see what im talking about.just give me a few days. :thanks:

sound cool, my latches are rusty, but my locks are fine.. so I could switch my locks into them I think...
as far as the backrest .. if the pan is good that will work for me.. my pan was rusted less than half..
sounds like I could use what ya got..
Thanks Bro.

jdegase":29odzuuc said:
scratch99":29odzuuc said:
jdegase":29odzuuc said:
Hi Scratch,
how bad is the trunk?

sound cool, my latches are rusty, but my locks are fine.. so I could switch my locks into them I think...
as far as the backrest .. if the pan is good that will work for me.. my pan was rusted less than half..
sounds like I could use what ya got..
Thanks Bro.
You are very welcome.got your name on it just let me know when your ready :good:

hi scratch it good to hear from you i was begining to think they locked you up or something :mrgreen: ....i have an 83 an 83 interstate now ....old hack ride that was wrecked in the front quite a bit of fairing damage from the inside out where tim was launch into it ......put it all together and roadit some there still wreck problems but i road it enough to relize the heat issue with the fairing on ....

im a huge fan of your bike and im considering being a copycat .....theres is a lot of work in fixing the stock fairing and it also covers acess to a lot of things....

anyway i would like your impression of the harley fairing in use and your blessing in this option for me to consider as its would be hard to do somthing else without going down hill as your bike is pretty much standing on top of the mountain no place to go but down .....ido like the stock dresser look as i think 1100 dressers are the best looking of all dressed wings but this might not be the best option for this bike with all the damage .....if i was to do anything different i cant see doing anything other than what you have done ......

I also have a seat and two side covers that came with Gwen when I bouoght her. I don't need them, and if someone wants to pay postage, they can have them. What I DO need is a working speedometer/odometer that doesn't go "WHIRWHIRWHIRWHIR" every time I hit a bump. That noise, plus the fact that the odo and trip odo are inop is very annoying.

I got your seat today Dan and it's a beauty! Thanks again.... Like you Joe I love the look of scratch's bike(always have), so with the like new seat Dan sold me I'm going to remove the trunk and it's support rack and just go with the rear crash bars and bags. I'll post pics tomorrow.

~O~

Hello to all.Sorry ive been so bizy with work.16 hr days and then trying to fix an old house,.Joe that would be so cool.dont know if you have a HD fairing.I know when I was checking on ebay,seen some for around $250.Cant wate to see some pics of it.if i can be of help Joe just let me know.Im not on much but will check my massages.Thanks again

Hello Joe.Ive never be on a naked wing but have been on bikes with no fairing.with the big honda fairing off. the bike fells so lite.(love the way it handels)The harley fairing i have on is just the outer shell and it dont weigh nothing.maybe 2 or 3 LBS if that.If you like the honda fairing becouse it dose a great job on braking the wind you might not like it.The harley fairing dose brake wind but not as much as the handa fairing.I for one do like some wind in my face.And the harley fairing will keep most of the bugs out of your teeth to.LOL.For me its the best of bout.and if i ever get anther gl1100 it would be the frist thing .put a harley fairing on it. I really like it.and i think it looks good on a gl1100.some will like it and some wont and no matter what you do to your bike some one will always have some thing to say about it.If i can be of help just let me know.thank Brian

joedrum":1lf46pio said:
hi scratch it good to hear from you i was begining to think they locked you up or something :mrgreen: ....i have an 83 an 83 interstate now ....old hack ride that was wrecked in the front quite a bit of fairing damage from the inside out where tim was launch into it ......put it all together and roadit some there still wreck problems but i road it enough to relize the heat issue with the fairing on ....

im a huge fan of your bike and im considering being a copycat .....theres is a lot of work in fixing the stock fairing and it also covers acess to a lot of things....

anyway i would like your impression of the harley fairing in use and your blessing in this option for me to consider as its would be hard to do somthing else without going down hill as your bike is pretty much standing on top of the mountain no place to go but down .....ido like the stock dresser look as i think 1100 dressers are the best looking of all dressed wings but this might not be the best option for this bike with all the damage .....if i was to do anything different i cant see doing anything other than what you have done ......
You ar much to kind Joe Thank you

im not that kind its just plain thruth as i see it ......ill have time to think about it as ive got carb issue i think and brake issues but internaly the motor fine ....your bike is what it is theres no padding the talk going on have agood day scratch