Anyone use Pistol Pete carb service

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB1953

Reaction score
I just finished checking into the Pistol Pete site. I have a 1981 GL1100 Triwing Trike(I think).It is a project as it is a light roll over with 64,000 miles on it. It comes with a 1986 1200 Aspencade parts bike with 90,000 miles on it. It is complete and is supposed to run. I had the trike run ning before I put it away for winter. It ran ok but wouldn't idle. I know the carbs need to be rebuilt by someone that knows how to do it correctly, and that isn't me. My main question is has anyone used Pete and were they happy with the results. I am fine with his listed prices if his work is as good as it sounds. Thanks JohnB

When I got my '83, it'd been sitting for a few years and needed carb work.
I sent the whole ball of wax off to Pistol Pete's and they rebuilt, then synced them.
I put the rack back on, just as it came from them :clapping: - Wowzers! They are awesome!
I am, for sure, a satisfied customer :clapping: .....

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=144251#p144251:1xgpyg2u said:
JohnB1953 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:03 pm[/url]":1xgpyg2u]
I just finished checking into the Pistol Pete site. I have a 1981 GL1100 Triwing Trike(I think).It is a project as it is a light roll over with 64,000 miles on it. It comes with a 1986 1200 Aspencade parts bike with 90,000 miles on it. It is complete and is supposed to run. I had the trike run ning before I put it away for winter. It ran ok but wouldn't idle. I know the carbs need to be rebuilt by someone that knows how to do it correctly, and that isn't me. My main question is has anyone used Pete and were they happy with the results. I am fine with his listed prices if his work is as good as it sounds. Thanks JohnB

I've used PP & his assistant Moose.

Good price, quick turn around and great work.