ATF, MMO, Stabil??

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok I have read alot of posts about adding ATF, and they all sound great.

I do have a couple questions..

I am trying to get into a habit of adding, Marvel Mystery Oil (MMO), and Marine Stabil in each tank.

Will the ATF eliminate the need for one or both?

Also, any problems using the ATF in newer bikes, 03, as along as it has a carb?

Thanx for any info..
geo

hmmm not sure on last question .....atf is what I use only and MM oil or stabil or any other product I don't use atf I try to put in 6-8 oz per tank ...cleaner the bike is in motor the more you can use without it smoking ....smoking dosent harm anything just back off some ...and the cleaner it gets the more you can use and the more it dose for the oldwing

I suggest you pick one. For long term storage Stabil is said by some to work best. I prefer to use just atf as regularly as my mind will allow. I forget occasionally.

I would think atf in newer carbed bikes would be ok but I'm not going to stick my neck out advising anyone do so. Same with ANY fuel additive.
I only know what works for me that I've actually personally tried, took chances with various stuff and paid the price with damaged rubber.

As far as myself and this forum are concerned, you should run what you feel is safe.

Latest posts