Backrest from Vencowings OK?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazmofo

Reaction score
I've got the factory saddle on my 81 GL1100 and it's comfortable enough except for long rides when my back gets sore. I was given a tip that Vencowings out of New Hampshire sells an aftermarket backrest for $151.00. Is anyone familiar with this unit and, if so, would you recommend it? Or, does anyone have another suggestion. With my limited understanding of classic wing resources, I don't know what's out there outside of open ended Google searches and the big shops. Any suggestions would be welcome.
Chaz

chaz no doubt a back rest is a great thing on long trips or short ones ....only drawback with me is getting on and off the bike with it on the bike which is all the time .....mine slides back for passenger use when my wife rides and i use her .....i dont know anything about the venco backrest ......some are a bit difficult to deal with cause how they attacth ......

I have one I tried and don't like because the backs of my legs sit right against the bracket that clamps to the frame, got uncomfortable.
If your interested I'll get some pics posted.

Got a link for the set at Vencowings?

btw, I've delt with them before. Very good people.

The backrest I have has a bracket like this on both sides.

image.php

I think the one from Venco is the better style that has a smooth rails the backrest arms connect up to.
Mine has those brackets that get in the way of my legs getting on and off the bike and when putting my feet down at a stop, I took it off.

Dan,
Did you post a pic of the backrest assembly you have? You referred to it as though there was a pic attached, but I see nothing. It could be me.
Chaz

Good Grief! I no sooner send you a post about not seeing the photo of your backrest and then I return to the thread and there it is. I don't get it. Why wasn't the pic there the first time?

The last back rest I had was slightly intrusive,but I never noticed it untell I got my saddleman seat with the back rest that inserts right in the seat.Much easyer to back up now. :grin:

chazmofo":1wl17soz said:
Good Grief! I no sooner send you a post about not seeing the photo of your backrest and then I return to the thread and there it is. I don't get it. Why wasn't the pic there the first time?

Probably just happened to be in between posting you and I and linking to the picture.

That link to the backrest tells of one for an 1100, but the one in the pic is on a 1200. I'd call to make sure before I ordered one.