Big ride for the Equinox!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldCrow

Reaction score
My Bike Models
GL1200A, R100RT, KL650
Other than a couple under 100mile rides on the Wing this year it's time for a 1000+mile ride in under 24 hrs. This Tuesday beginning between 12:01am and 1am I'm starting an IBA SaddleSore 1000 on my 87 GL1200A. I normally do these rides on my 81 BMW R100RT, e.g. SS1000 on the Summer Solstice. But I decided to take the GL this ride since it's "fix it" list was shorter than the BMW. Just needed to rebuild the front forks, rebuild front brake calipers and install my 4gal Aux fuel tank and ready to roll.

So my ride will stay in the state of Maine. My plan is official start in Waterville to Falmouth to Houlton to Gray to Houlton to Augusta to Finish in Liberty after riding about 1019miles! That's the plan anyway.

I had wanted to do the Ides of May but parts were delayed due to my forgetfulness :(

And NO I do not speed, I simply take a couple short breaks other than fuel stops. I love saddle time. Just praying that Hurricane Teddy stays well away!
OC
PS Anyone care to join in on the fun?

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219367#p219367:2hgvc0q9 said:
dan filipi » Yesterday- 18:18[/url]":2hgvc0q9]
I’ve never done an iron butt ride, not sure I could muster up the endurance but it sure would be fun to try with you!
You could check out the IronButt Association pages and Forums there is a ton of information about extending your endurance window. I find my greatest is movement while I ride.

I'm blessed with nice highways with limited traffic so I try and remember to stretch, twist, squats, calf raises etc while riding. If I stay locked in one position for too long, pain is coming. But I suppose where you are, "open" and "roads" don't go together :)
OC

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=219368#p219368:viwgj3sp said:
detdrbuzzard » Yesterday- 18:44[/url]":viwgj3sp]
if i were closer i would take you up on the offer. it would probably be a SS 1000 from my place to yours

Well then it would be an SS3000! :BigGrin:

Well tomorrows ride has been Aborted! :( Seems Teddy is going to be too close for my wife's comfort.
But the Bike is All Ready, did a full systems check ride this morning in 30F weather, so Tuesday morning 36F should have not been a problem.

OC