Bluetooth Headsets

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been using stand alone BT headset for awhile but only the cheap Chinese ones. The first set are over 3 years old and still going strong. Other guys that I ride with have also been using them as you can pair with 3 people and the have a range of 500 meters. I am looking at a new set for our August ride which will communicate between 6 units and have a range of 1200 meters. The original units were a little susceptible to water in really strong rain, if you hadn't plugged the leads in fully and closed the charging flap properly. They all seemed to dry out ok.

I bought the Cardo system G9 Power set.

I have found the product to be of good quality yet totally lacking in technical support. Once one learns how to properly use it it works fine but the learning process is very slow or maybe it is that I am getting slow :)

I should expound on that tech support statement. Three calls to tech support in one morning of trying to learn the use of this product all of which provided no positive results. The third was actually arrogant and obnoxious so I hung up on him after telling him that I was the customer and while that did not make me a God it did demand respect. I then emailed support requesting that the next time a supervisor was on hand I would appreciate contact from him/her. Guess what? I'm still waiting for contact ...

I still use Cardo Scala Rider which is already 6 years old. It works okay.
I forgot which one but there is a headset w/o boom microphone. If that works okay, I think I like that one.
Boom mic is sometimes annoying and my son keeps fiddling with it. He broke one already.

aka_professor":3et9wuh1 said:
I bought the Cardo system G9 Power set.

I have found the product to be of good quality yet totally lacking in technical support. Once one learns how to properly use it it works fine but the learning process is very slow or maybe it is that I am getting slow :)

I'm with ya there SLOOOOOOOOWWWW and impatient when it comes to tech support - ever notice when you describe a problem its the first they heard of it?

Latest posts