Bucket List Trip

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rob.lafady

Reaction score
Well, I've been thinking about this for quite a while and I'm going to commit to something I never thought I'd do. I'm going to ride my '78 oldwing across this great country we call the USA. I'm 47 now and, since a trip like this doesn't happen over night, I'm giving myself until I'm 50 to plan and save up for this journey. I know 2 & 1/2 years is a lot of time, but I've got some work to do, not only to Trixie, but to myself also. Now to break it to the wife...[emoji33] I recently came across an article on the ultimate road trip and thought, why not? Then I read further on and saw it was an almost 14,000 mile journey for all 48 lower states, no good if I can only manage to get 3 weeks off, so I will research and come up with a shorter coast to coast and back route that will fit my timeline. I think I can talk my buddy to come with on his '78 wing, and another that has a Harley has already expressed interest in the trip as well!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

I'm 54 in December so yeah, I need to do a trip similar while I can.

I doubt I can do a coast to coast run unless something changes before then because getting just a week off is tough, but maybe meet up and do a couple states on the west end.

Sounds like a great trip!! I only rode from New Jersey to Fort Lauderdale Florida and back and I towed a Harbor Freight Tag A long trailer for my stuff. It was great and I highly recommend giving the trailer a thought!

image.php

image.php

image.php

image.php

There will be at least one trailer along for the ride, that is a must!

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=162390#p162390:2ofd34jg said:
rob.lafady » Yesterday, 3:53 pm[/url]":2ofd34jg]
Well, I've been thinking about this for quite a while and I'm going to commit to something I never thought I'd do. I'm going to ride my '78 oldwing across this great country we call the USA. I'm 47 now and, since a trip like this doesn't happen over night, I'm giving myself until I'm 50 to plan and save up for this journey. I know 2 & 1/2 years is a lot of time, but I've got some work to do, not only to Trixie, but to myself also. Now to break it to the wife...[emoji33] I recently came across an article on the ultimate road trip and thought, why not? Then I read further on and saw it was an almost 14,000 mile journey for all 48 lower states, no good if I can only manage to get 3 weeks off, so I will research and come up with a shorter coast to coast and back route that will fit my timeline. I think I can talk my buddy to come with on his '78 wing, and another that has a Harley has already expressed interest in the trip as well!

I say just do it. I did my epic ride about 2008 but it was on an newer bike a 2006 Wing not an classic wing,. Rode from south Texas across to Georgia then all the way up to Michigan going thru the Carolinas, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, then Michigan, I visited relatives rode the Tail of the Dragon, Blue Ridge parkway and many other one fantastic roads and sights. I have great memories of the trip and everything including planning it was fun. Maybe again someday I hope along the western states.

Latest posts