C5 Optical Ignitions

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=112608#p112608:136htd4c said:
mcgovern61 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:48 am[/url]":136htd4c]
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :smilie_happy:

Yup.

You know it's been suggested that there is no hard data concerning the C5 on the 1100, just seat of the pants feel. Well, I want to run a few tanks through it as is now, get some gas mileage figures (whatever they are with my pisspoor carbs), video of RPM/MPH and video of that "missed spark" idle and then do the same thing after the install so that there might be some before and after to compare.

That's why it might be a week or two.

In the past few weeks C5 Performance has become an outlet for American made exhaust parts.
We offer Cone Engineering mufflers, baffles, pipe, and builder parts such as brackets, springs, and cutting templates.

We have also expanded our electrical supplies to include complete "Builder Kits" for those of us who are starting over with a wire harness.
It can be used for positive or negative ground, kick or electric start, and you could easily add components as needed.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116482#p116482:28wua632 said:
C5Performance » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 pm[/url]":28wua632]
In the past few weeks C5 Performance has become an outlet for American made exhaust parts.
We offer Cone Engineering mufflers, baffles, pipe, and builder parts such as brackets, springs, and cutting templates.

We have also expanded our electrical supplies to include complete "Builder Kits" for those of us who are starting over with a wire harness.
It can be used for positive or negative ground, kick or electric start, and you could easily add components as needed.
Paul, don't forget to post each item separately in the Vendor section so that Members can look up each type of product independently!

Awesome! I wish those harness builder kits were available a year ago - my '83 was a mess! I ended up buying 2 harnesses on Ebay, and both were butchered pretty badly, but they were cheap. Between all 3, I now have a good, complete, original harness on the bike. Your Kit sure would've been easier and faster! Next time, I'll know!

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116534#p116534:2yd8fcsu said:
mcgovern61 » Thu May 01, 2014 8:49 am[/url]":2yd8fcsu]
[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=116482#p116482:2yd8fcsu said:
C5Performance » Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:35 pm[/url]":2yd8fcsu]

Paul, don't forget to post each item separately in the Vendor section so that Members can look up each type of product independently!

How do I post individual items?

I was referring to this quote of course...

"Paul, don't forget to post each item separately in the Vendor section so that Members can look up each type of product independently!"

Would it be easier to refer readers to our website so the most current product is shown?

I have to put my two cents in here......
Way back last summer I ordered a kit from Paul for my '76 GL1000.
It was a while before I got around to installing it.
But let me tell ya.....
The carbs are still screwed up on this bike. I have gas pooling in
the plenum, they are flooding so bad.
The bike wouldn't start AT ALL before.
Installing Paul's system was a piece of cake. I've never seen anything that
was so easy to set the timing on.
After the install, I hit the starter and the engine fired up immediately on
all four cylinders!....despite the flooding problem!
It will be a while before I get this bike on the road, but when
I do, I'll write another report here and tell you what I
REALLY think of Paul's system.

Oh yeah......Every time I have written an email to Paul, he
has answered it quickly and politely!
Thanks Paul!

This ignition really is quite simply the hottest thing going for just about anything that needs a spark to run.

I am proud to have been the first Goldwing forum to welcome Paul and Gary (with Power Arc) and this marvelous invention.

Latest posts