• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

car battery asap!

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Benz 2005 CLK500 Wife's boss needs a battery. Just getting more opinions for her here. Benz guys says MBenz battery only becuase they are the only brand that can handle the special needs of the MBenz she drives(or is it the dealers needs? Hmmm?).

Will check back in an hour. I say go to WalMart...

~O~

Yeah MB dealers are like that.

Bosche makes very good auto batteries as well as odyssey and optima but the dealer may only warranty their own. May also be a special fit?
I would never own a MB for this reason.

Pep boys sells bosche and optima.

No, it don't "require" a Benz battery. (Benz probably don't make their own batteries) "BUT"... Cars now days demand a lot from a battery. I say stay away from walmart specials. Spend the money for the best, most cranking amps, strongest, quality battery you can find. Where I work we sell Interstate batteries and seem to do pretty good with those. Change it once and forget about it for awhile. And have the rest of the charging system checked while you're at it.

Interstate is good. The Walmart/Sam's club batteries are crap, imho. They won't stand up to the heat/cold cycles very well, for very long. I have 2 vehicles with those batts on them, and they NEVER last more than one year.
ProStart(PeP Gurls) seems to work well on my work Cad...lottsa electrical crap on it, and the battery is a couple of years old now, with no problems.
The only issue with the Mercedes is the size of the battery....they are usually quite short, as most of them are either under the seat, or in the trunk. On that CLK, it is in the right rear of the engine compartment...still a tight fit.
Good Luck!