changed water pump, now neutral light doesn't work,

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolson7560

Reaction score
I put a new water pump in, and did something to disable the neutral light, and other gear positions. I have an 83 GL1100, Aspy w/digital dash. What the hell did I screw up?
Thank you for any help!!!

Check your wiring - there are 2 wires that exit the front cover on the '83. One is for the neutral light and the other is for the overdrive light. They had to be disconnected to remove the cover...

sodbuster":1yyyfrd3 said:
The neutral switch is unique to '82 and '83 models. The position of the switch is critical.

Notice the position of the pin in the switch in relation to the bolts. Also, the short end of the pin points to the 2 o'clock position. This is important for ease of reassembly of the transmission cover and also to ensure the switch is in the correct position for proper operation.
neutswitch.jpg

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=90024#p90024:3ptyy4xb said:
Steve83 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 6:44 pm[/url]":3ptyy4xb]
Check your wiring - there are 2 wires that exit the front cover on the '83. One is for the neutral light and the other is for the overdrive light. They had to be disconnected to remove the cover...
:good:

Latest posts