changing back to points

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok.now i know what it is. i'll have to check and see. no garage and the weather is wanting me to do much.and the boy just lost a belt on our pathfinder so and blew the radiator oioe so i got to try and get it back up and running. but thanks .

i do have a risistor, the points plate, with points, condenser,advance unit. which is all you really need to go back to points. i do have a martex electronic ign system, but if you want to stay with the electronic, which in my opinion is the way to go,you should contact dayna and tell them what is going on. the tech department is very helpfull, and they can probably replace the bad part for less money and work then switching back.

the dyna S and coils can be had new ...they have a kit wires and all for your bike 1000s equiped with dynas complete system is the best ignition out there for oldwings period ...mother honda has abanden the oldwings in the parts dept.

If you do go back to points I suggest you use the original coil feed wire to operate a relay and run a new wire through that relay directly from the battery side of the starter relay. This will assure you get full battery voltage to your ignition giving you the best spark possible through the old ignition set up.

thanks for telling me all this cool stuff...i just got hold of dyna tec and they told me that the dyna III hasn't been made in about 19 to 20 years now. they told me to send the unit back and they would send me a new dyna s for 70 dallars..cant beat that and free shipping thanks agian for all your input guys.now i got to wait for the weather to get better we're supposed to get 3 inches of snow tonight. so no fix bike or car.thanks bill