chrome alternative

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Postwinger

Reaction score
Hi,I have been restoring an 82 Interstate for a while now,everything that was chrome on the bike is in need of rechroming,which is beyond my budget,I have powder coated the crash bars and luggage racks in black but don't know what to do about other parts ie windshield garnish,side covers etc.
has anyone tried these powder coated or painted and do you have some pics !

thanks and ride safe

:shock: :good:
That's pretty freekin KEWL! Gotta check into it....if it ain't to 'spensive, Imma gunna git me some!
Thanks for the info, Gerry! :thanks: :yahoo:

:head bang: Dam....web page is in GERMAN....I don't speak GERMAN!!! :rant:

Lot of tuners are using the platichrome process. Google plastic chrome then your city and you may find a local outfit that does it. I found one in Buena Park and some other Orange county location.
Far as blacking out a full dresser , It kinda sounds cool but it would have to be black paint and all..

I wonder about cost and durability. I don't recall hearing them mention its durability to road bugs, dirt chops etc and human oils from fingers. I'll have to check the site out.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=91241#p91241:23d2wmct said:
Postwinger » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:38 pm[/url]":23d2wmct]
is there anyone doing this in the UK ?

Nicol plate with good quality polish is what I use. Most important is to make sure surface is as clean and polished as perfect as humanly possible. Any imperfection will show as sure as a pandas eye on a white face LOL.

Latest posts