Clymer manual

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bib

Reaction score
I bought my first wing, an 83 Interstate, late last year. I ordered a manual (used) through Amazon and was sent the wrong one...this one only covers up to 82. I'm wondering if i should bother to send it back... I know of a few differences like the linked brakes, tranny ratios etc.... Are there any other major differences I should concern myself with?.....is the wiring diagram the same? Tune up specs? Thanks in advance

Just checked...this one does not. It's not the one that was pictured so I'm sure they'd credit me but it was used, so the place it was sent from might not have the right one. I hate sending stuff back, especially on a $16 item.

Personally, I would send it back, but I am not a fan of the Claymore Manual. I have a downloaded copy of one, but I never open it. For me, it is the Honda Shop Manual that get used, and there are still a few places that the entire manual can be found.

Depends on WHEN the Clymer manual was actually printed. Mine has the '80-'83 supplement in the back.
You could always just check the Honda manual(s) out here... :whistling:

Brakes, suspension, some wiring, wheels and tires are all different, but the '82 should cover most of what you need.

+1 on the shop manual here in the gallery.

:cheeky: Clymer manual of wrong info and pre 1900 picture tech ... why the worst for the most important ....and if its a real problem they say take to Honda who has abandon there bikes ... :cheeky: Honda

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=111730#p111730:s07odr61 said:
AApple » Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm[/url]":s07odr61]
Depends on WHEN the Clymer manual was actually printed. Mine has the '80-'83 supplement in the back.
You could always just check the Honda manual(s) out here... :whistling:

I was going to post that I do have a manual that I downloaded but wasn't sure which manual it was....when I saw that your post included a link. I opened it and checked it against the one I have in my computer and it turns out that I have the factory manual saved! Great! I'll keep the paper copy for use in the garage and can check it against the factory manual if i need to. Thanks all..........!!!!!!!!

Latest posts