Cool new Nevada traffic law...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent!...There are some that will change for me and some wont, The ones that wont I know where they are so I just go further and make a U turn. Did they really need to change the name of a trike though :nea:

This one always makes me laugh... If a bike can't trigger a traffic light, what is the use of waiting for two traffic light cycles? I know that is referring to the turn lane, but there are times that I want to go straight through an intersection and the light will not change so if the light doesn't change, what's the use of waiting two light cycles? I usually just wait until it the coast is clear and carry on.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=97730#p97730:1xs0h0iv said:
brianinpa » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:46 am[/url]":1xs0h0iv]
This one always makes me laugh... If a bike can't trigger a traffic light, what is the use of waiting for two traffic light cycles? I know that is referring to the turn lane, but there are times that I want to go straight through an intersection and the light will not change so if the light doesn't change, what's the use of waiting two light cycles? I usually just wait until it the coast is clear and carry on.

I had the same thought. :cool:

I pulled up to a light to go across the intersection.. well being by myself it did not trigger the next light cycle... Sat there and when the next cycle came up I had a car in the left turn lane.. light did not change.. so I busted the red before cross traffic lights changed to green! Didn't want to but needed to go to the station on the otherwise..

Trimobile is the next step for classification as a car... more taxes..not tax breaks.. gotta get that money ya know...

Here in Alaska when I am on one of my smaller bikes like the CX650 the signal refuses to see me, but it does on the GL1500, so I placed a large round supermagnet to the bottom of the frame of the Cx, seems to trigger that light now. I know they make aftermarket transmitters but that sounds like snakeoil products, I would get a few more magnets and try them out and see if thats all that is needed.
If I remember right the detector is similar to a metal detector, it needs to have a large enough of a change in the background to trigger it.
Other than strapping a cast iron frying pan to the bottom of the engine a supermagnet may be the answer.

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101229#p101229:3fkcoorw said:
Silverado6x6 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:45 pm[/url]":3fkcoorw]
Other than strapping a cast iron frying pan to the bottom of the engine a supermagnet may be the answer.

At least that way you could cook scrambled eggs when you are out for a ride :smilie_happy: