Costs to Upholster a seat?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnB1953

Reaction score
Ok gang I am looking for a little input on the prices for upholstering a motorcycle seat around the country. The reason why is that I have a small shop here in North Dakota and do a few seats mostly for friends and family. I have been out of the business full time for 25 years as I worked for the Prison system running their upholstery shop doing office style seating. I am amazed at some of the prices I have had people tell me they were given. Granted mine is more hobby based and my costs are lower but there should be a reasonable middle of the road price. Any input you have will be helpful. Thanks JohnB

I had an Amish man redo my seat. It was for gl1100 and had the back rest post thru the seat.
He added a little foam to the very front of the seat. I took off the cloth and used vinyl for the seat.

He had it done in about 4 days. Charged me $75.00 here in central Ohio.

Honestly if I needed a seat recovered and could find a professional looking job at around $100 I'd be very interested. At this point though all my seats are good. I've done one myself and it was decent but not all that great.

Thread moved to appropriate forum, Restoration forum for resto's with pictures not general information. :good:

Latest posts