Crank pulley

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys.
I don't know the cost of the pulley as yet. After looking at the one you had machined Dan, I decided it was the best way to go. I figure the cheapest way is to do it right ,so with your help that's my plan. Just got a call, my new windshield is ready.
I've been studying the rad in my mind. I'm thinking that if the top studs are not welded into the frame (doesn't look like they are) I will extract them and put in longer ones. I.m thinking longer bolts on the bottom with spacers may work as well,but we'll see. My 85 year old friend is looking as to how he can fashion a drop wheel kit for his 750 Shadow. He has a leg that bothers him and he is scared of dropping the bike at a stop. However, he will never stop riding untill the end .
Later guys.
David

David":egb69sue said:
Thanks guys.
I don't know the cost of the pulley as yet. After looking at the one you had machined Dan, I decided it was the best way to go. I figure the cheapest way is to do it right ,so with your help that's my plan. Just got a call, my new windshield is ready.
I've been studying the rad in my mind. I'm thinking that if the top studs are not welded into the frame (doesn't look like they are) I will extract them and put in longer ones. I.m thinking longer bolts on the bottom with spacers may work as well,but we'll see. My 85 year old friend is looking as to how he can fashion a drop wheel kit for his 750 Shadow. He has a leg that bothers him and he is scared of dropping the bike at a stop. However, he will never stop riding untill the end .
Later guys.
David

I remember now why I went with a flat serpantine belt. It's because they have a better grip to the pulleys and tend to squeak less than the v belts. According to the research I did they last longer too.

You got my curiosity up on those radiator mounts, I had to look at the parts bike. Your right, damn they ARE threaded in!
I never thought about that when doing mine! I got one top to turn a small amount but I'm sure with some penetrating oil and maybe some heat they'd come out. The 2 bottom are already out.

The way I mounted my radiator works good but putting in longer studs would keep the bike more stockish, good plan!

Well, I attempted to remove the top rad studs today. I didn't have the proper torch for heating ,so , when I clamped unto one ,it twisted off. ( they are a softer metal than your average Chevy bolt) No problem thought I will cut the other one off,drill and tap them both for new studs. I may insert the next size bigger,we'l see. I took the thermostat out too & will replace it , along with the rubber O ring.
Later guys

Thanks for the pictures Dan. I emailed them to the machinist. I'm sure they should do the trick. Will let you know the cost of the pulley when I find out.
Later.
David

Hey Folks. Well, I will pick up my new machined pulley next week.
The cost is $150.00 . I'm satisfied with the price , after all he began with a solid cyinder of steel , and now I have a perfect fitting pulley . I expect to spend about $250.00-300.00 total to complete this project. Small in comparison when you are in a strange city ,and you need your stator repaired or changed. Shop labour isn't cheap! I will post a picture when I pick it up.
Best Regards!
David

Latest posts