Customizing might be a stretch(factory speaker boxes mod)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of our newer members has blue all-weather speakers in their grill-less boxes. How did you do that? I borrowed a buddies dremel kit and was thinking of cutting my grills out too. I also have some newer all-weather speakers but they barely fit. In fact, the grills are buldging(sp?) out. This causes a very annoying rattle at times that ruins the tunes, hence my desire to remove said grills.

A Dremel should handle this right? Remember, I have no garage or large collection of tools.

~O~

joedrum":35nysdmp said:
tunes speakers ....goldwings have this stuff ....mine dont ....was i cheated ....what else are they supposwe to have.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :cheeky:
Headlight, tail light, turn signals, gas tank.........small refridgerator :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Tunes are real important to us! We use our iPod nano which is directly connected to my Sony water proof AM/FM/CD radio via it's own connection and remote (attached to my shelter). And with my new quiet '83 engine, lower RPM at 70 MPH and my new '83 California stock exhaust (It is actually marked California specific exhaust - max 85 decibels) we can listen to our tunes real nice at 75 MPH! I love this Vetter setup with the modern electronics:

Attachments

• MVC-018F.JPG
    MVC-018F.JPG
    36.7 KB · Views: 285
O man,
I got an extra set of speaker boxes if you want some to cut on...

I took the stock clarion system compleatly out and put this is...
image.php

notice the white wire leading off to the right... that connects to a thumbdrive with tunes on it... velcro'd to the fairing.
I used a mechless radio.. cheapo .
and put a 120amp down inside the fairing in the same location as the original amp.
used 2 pyle speakers... and wish I had bought the infinity's now...
anyway
we can both hear the music clearly at 70 even over my aftermarket pipes...
would like to have those quiet pipes now... ;)

Thanks for the offer, and nice set-up bro, I did the mod and they came out great. I highly recommend cutting the grills out, the sound is sooo much better. The dremel cut or melted right through them. Wear your safety glasses, I had to add clear tape at the bottom of mine, bits of plastic were bouncing off my shirt up under the glasses.

I'll post some pics when I get some batteries for the camera.

~O~

jdegase":31aps55e said:
O man,
I got an extra set of speaker boxes if you want some to cut on...

I took the stock clarion system compleatly out and put this is...
image.php

notice the white wire leading off to the right... that connects to a thumbdrive with tunes on it... velcro'd to the fairing.
I used a mechless radio.. cheapo .
;)
I just bought one for my 81 interstate... PO cut the wire from the back of the clarion base.. mine has the phone jack and sd card and usb connections to play the tunes.. not installed yet

scratch99":2adrvpxk said:
I do mis my tunes :swoon: now i hear noses coming from the backrest :smilie_happy:

The "noise" level is directly proportional in increase or decrease in volume of music :music2:

Still have factory system on my Aspy....oh yeah I did add a 10 disc cd/mp3 player in the left bag, it plays thru the tuner. When discs are burned as mp3 format provides about 10 hrs per discs times 10 discs.......pyle marine speaker upgrade, more than sufficient :music2:

tunes speakers ....goldwings have this stuff ....mine dont ....was i cheated ....what else are they supposwe to have.... :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :mrgreen: :cheeky:

Cb, inter com, air conditioning cruize, reverse, heated footpegs; oh wait we all got heated footpegs :smilie_happy:

The Radio is the most important part of the bike :music: :music2: :yahoo: :rocks: :music3: :clapping: :clapping: :salute: :mrgreen:

dan filipi":1a26u2qv said:
scratch99":1a26u2qv said:
I do mis my tunes :swoon: now i hear noses coming from the backrest :smilie_happy:

The "noise" level is directly proportional in increase or decrease in volume of music :music2:

:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

:cool!: I have this really nifty digital dash on the 82 Asspy where you have your radio mounted that I really enjoy lookin at, guess I have to figure out a way to mount one in the fairing pocket where the stock controls are at. Have been debating on whether to pull my old one out and send it to Sierra or just try putting some thing else in. The volume on my FM is very weak but AM & the CB & the the Cassette player(don't use the tape player but think it works) have great volume. Guess it all boils down to the new Honda commercial I JUST WANNA RIDE :music: :music: :music: :music: :music: :music:
Winger 82 :hi:

scratch99":20s5sjx6 said:

They have sweet setups for your fairing.

Here's a couple of pictures...they are crappy, not sure if it's the camera or user. The sound is so much better, and yes even though I was trying to be careful I put one of the speakers in backwards. :swoon: Believe it or not, the color of the speakers plays off the red LED gauges nicely.

Up close it's a little bit knarly, but you really can't see the grinder marks.

~O~

Omega Man":2put9uq0 said:
scratch99":2put9uq0 said:

They have sweet setups for your fairing.

Here's a couple of pictures...they are crappy, not sure if it's the camera or user. The sound is so much better, and yes even though I was trying to be careful I put one of the speakers in backwards. :swoon: Believe it or not, the color of the speakers plays off the red LED gauges nicely.

Up close it's a little bit knarly, but you really can't see the grinder marks.

~O~
That looks cool.was thinking of trying them handlebar speekers wit ipod