Customizing might be a stretch(factory speaker boxes mod)

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just put the same speakers in my factory pods(grills and chrome trim intact). It was a tight fit and had to mount them behind the mounting brackets so there was room for the midrange and tweeter. They do sound decent enough for $25 Walmart specials.

Did you try them with the grills intact first? I guess I would worry about them getting damaged without have some kind of grill over them.

FarmerRick":3a14oomd said:
Did you try them with the grills intact first? I guess I would worry about them getting damaged without have some kind of grill over them.

I was wondering too.
Picture it now some kids walking by "UHH, cool speakers" and poking them out.

dan filipi":2pces3qa said:
FarmerRick":2pces3qa said:

I was wondering too.
Picture it now some kids walking by "UHH, cool speakers" and poking them out.

The grills that came with these speakers are much too large diameter to put on the enclosures, but I think I have some older ones that are smaller and may work. I'll post some pics if I tackle that project before I leave for Sturgis next month.

no if a person going to worry about things there to many issues out there and it becomes a full time job id rather have fun or do something useful and rewarding ...ive never got anything possitive out of worrying about anything.... :mrgreen: