Cyborg's Install

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dan filipi

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Bike Models
1983 Interstate
2018 KLR 650
2018 BMW S1000 RR
My Bike Logs forum link
https://classicgoldwings.com/forums/dan-filipi.122/
Cyborg sent me some pics of his alternator mod posted here.

(click on an image for larger image in the gallery)

I like how you used the top engine mount for the swivel point and the Chevy adjuster on the upper frame mount, clever.
Did you say you used an idler pulley also? Don't see it there.

How much did you have to move the radiator forward?

You must be running a pusher fan eh?

the radiator is kicked out at the bottom about an inch. just a matter of a longer bolt and a spacer. yes i am using a pusher fan. draws less current then stock, and moves more air. no idler pulley. i was thinking that a flat belt might need one to get enough rap around on the pulleys. but because the drag on the belt is low, probably not. i also use a belt that can be bought at any auto parts store, anywhere. i tend to do that with most of my systems. the headlight is another example of one that can be got at any auto parts store. and its a sealed beam, no problem with the reflector getting dirty or fogging

also the alt could be mounted on eather side with this method. mounting it on the right if retaining the original fan. iwent with the left side because i have air horns on the right, and i all ready had the pusher fan in place

Latest posts