Decisions Decisions Decisions

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sledge":1wqpbjb5 said:
I vote for the color on Beav's ...........Beauiful Goldwing . :music:
I only learned from the best Sledge....Only the best...You sir... :Egyptian:

maybe Go Gloss black with a thin double line (gold or White) trim. You'll end up working your ideas up over and to the left. of course every man has his preference. Good luck on the pick!

Well my son's car is fixed and out of my garage, so now I can get busy on the bags. The bike gray and black so I have decided to the bags are going to be the reverse - Gloss black with Gray accents.

Well the wife went to Texas for a week and that left me some "Me" time. Some cleaning, some sanding, some priming, more sanding, painting, taping, more painting, and some clear coat and this is what I have to show for it.

Still have some sanding to do and then a final coat, but so far I am liking what I see. :Egyptian:

I would be very happy to come home to that! Great job :clapping: :clapping: :rocks: :rocks: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Thanks!

I am trying something a little different with these bags. In the past I have a very bad time whenever painting a clear coat from a rattle can and I had read somewhere that Minwax spray poly makes a great clear-coat over paint so I am giving that a shot. So far I am very happy with the way it looks, but time will tell.

Let me know how that works out... I'm not liking the clear I used so much..I used the duplicolor clear, the paint looked great but I think the clear is dulling..boo..

littlebeaver":5ml6b6cf said:
Let me know how that works out... I'm not liking the clear I used so much..I used the duplicolor clear, the paint looked great but I think the clear is dulling..boo..

That is the same thing that happened to me. The only real worry that I have with it is going to be riding it in cold weather.

I would concur on some of the rattle can clear turning yellow. I had polished alot of aluminum on the 1100 and sprayed it with some high temp engine clear. It has yellowed causing me to strip off all the clear and repolish. This time I left it raw so if it does dull, I can just repolish. Best of luck.

Hey beave. Which clear are you using? Lacquer, or acrylic enamel? I've found that the acrylic enamel seems to dry to a harder finish. I didn't bother checking at first, but now I make sure I get the black can clea not the blue can. All Duplicolor though. The black can is the acrylic enamel part # DA 1692 Give it a try! :music:

riff raff":3ul6ta4s said:
Hey beave. Which clear are you using? Lacquer, or acrylic enamel? I've found that the acrylic enamel seems to dry to a harder finish. I didn't bother checking at first, but now I make sure I get the black can clea not the blue can. All Duplicolor though. The black can is the acrylic enamel part # DA 1692 Give it a try! :music:
Well ok then I shall try that...thank you very much, I love your bike's color, it stands out in the poster of bikes...Looks awesome...

You're quite welcome Beave! And thanx for the compliment. The wing should all be one color by next season. I still got to get off my ass an repaint my spare shelter and fenders to match the fairing and side covers. As we loose daylight with the season change the motivation ebbs wome too! But I'll get it done. :thank_you:

riff raff":3i1kj510 said:
You're quite welcome Beave! And thanx for the compliment. The wing should all be one color by next season. I still got to get off my ass an repaint my spare shelter and fenders to match the fairing and side covers. As we loose daylight with the season change the motivation ebbs wome too! But I'll get it done. :thank_you:
Git er done already! :smilie_happy:

riff raff":8j9ejkzx said:
The wing should all be one color by next season. I still got to get off my ass an repaint my spare shelter and fenders to match the fairing and side covers.

I think I am going to run into the same problem... Painting the bags I have two different shades of gray, so I may be repainting the entire bike in steps. When I painted it the last time, I painted everything at once and I was unable to ride for a couple weeks. I am not doing that again. I just need to wait and see what this Minwax poly is going to do before I commit to spraying anything else with it.