Digital Dash hard to read

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sledge

Reaction score
I have a 1986 SE-I , the Dash works fine , except out in the sun , its very hard to read . . any idea what might help ??? if I took it out and changed the Light Bulbs in it , or maybe put brighter bulbs in it , or maybe LED's ???? or would the dash lights change how clear it is at all ???

I had a similar problem with my 84 Aspencade. It had the digital dash and the contrast was quite low in bright light. I just endured it. I don’t know that there is anything that you could do with that. Perhaps try some different colored shield overlays to filter out some of the background color?

This does bring to mind a similar issue that the Valkyrie suffers from. Old-timers call it the “Disappear at Dusk” syndrome. During twilight, the gauges become almost impossible to read. Fine after dark, but the bewitching hours are rough. I solved mine with some high intensity blue LED backlight.

Unfortunately, your situation is different. I don’t recall hearing anyone address this, but I might’ve missed it.

thanks for the advice guys , might just be My Old Age Problem , LOL … I can see it much better in the Dark , problem is , I don't ride after dark unless I get caught out and it gets Dark...LOL …. thanks everyone.

yeah I think a lot of it might be glare , I can shade it with my Hand going down the road , and see it a little better , but , not much . I really have no idea if the digital dash works by seeing the numbers against back lighting or what , just asking really. . thanks everyone.

Latest posts