Do they make a standard version of the 1500?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigAndrew

Reaction score
I thought i would make a topic in the 1500 section since there wasn't one yet
I always wanted 2 bikes, A full dresser like i have now so i can store alot in it or listen to the radio and to stay warmer in the winter

And a standard/Naked bike cause their quicker, more nimble, cooler to ride in the summer time, I would like to have it all done up like a bobber, Painted like my bike but with red added to it, For instance the engine and gear box painted red, Also the rims

I know the 1200 has a standard but if there is a 1500 id rather have the bigger motor for my bobber bike, The bigger the motor the better :music:

OMG :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: You gotta see the tittle of the youtube video of another 502 boss hoss
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRIiWeN7Gqc[/video]

Hoosier Daddy":2txn2e66 said:
The way I understand, '84 was the last year for a Standard Goldwing... a 1200.
A 1500 that is a Standard is a Valkyrie.
six carbs and a hotter cam too. i would like to put a valkyrie motor in my 1500 wing but use the 2 carb setup i already have

detdrbuzzard":w2t0jwvp said:
Hoosier Daddy":w2t0jwvp said:
The way I understand, '84 was the last year for a Standard Goldwing... a 1200.
A 1500 that is a Standard is a Valkyrie.
six carbs and a hotter cam too. i would like to put a valkyrie motor in my 1500 wing but use the 2 carb setup i already have

A hotter cam huh? Bet it would sound good if you lowerd the idle as much as you could :music2:

I guess i could always strip a 1500 down and make it a standard :builder: :mrgreen:

Good thing i dont have $2500, I'd be a new owner of a 1500 being sold cheap on craigslist
https://spacecoast.craigslist.org/mcy/1496352764.html

"Stunt Juice"?? :smilie_happy:
Where would you find that? :laptop:

AApple":1tcst6pn said:
"Stunt Juice"?? :smilie_happy:
Where would you find that? :laptop:
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:
Anywhere the stunt went wrong!!!!!
:smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy: :music:

Hoosier Daddy":gvunjzol said:
...upper cowling, cowling, right, left, chain, stunt juice, bike night, brakes...
Yea, I wonder how it is sold... pint, quart, gallon,?
Oh wait, I bet by the "Forty" :smilie_happy:

Or maybe even by the 55 gallon drum :smilie_happy:

1500 standard would be awsome project. A bobber type scoot with cruse, reverse, but no fairing,bag's,or trunk would be a great stable mate for me 84 standard.It would be the only way to possable way to surpass the 84 standard as a sunny 90+ degree day mount.

Latest posts