Doh! gas puddle...

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Omega Man

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayup, I forgot to turn the petcock off this morning at work and found a small puddle of gas under the bike on the left side. I know one of the carbs on the left will drain into the cylinder if I do this, but this was the first time I saw gas on the ground. Did it come through the exhaust?

~O~

yes it could ...hmmm you need to to be careful with this ,,,it can also fill your crankcase up ...that not good by any means at all id say you have a bad float valve are you keeping up on the ATF

I second the atf suggestion and maybe you should run the fuel out of the carbs at shutdown occasionally. This will leave the float valves open to flush out any crap when you turn the fuel back on.

I run the ATF in every tank, maybe two years now. If it was going into the crankcase I'd notice at oil changes, I think it runs right into the cylinder. It's just running to well to mess with the carbs right now.

~O~

When mine was going through it's "leak" stage (wasn't potty trained yet :smilie_happy: ) I would smell gas and find it leaking out of the exhaust because I had a small hole at the crossover. Later found out it was also leaking into the oil as well! Leaked worse when on the side stand. Adjusted my floats 3 times and recleaned the float needles just as many times before I got them to seal. (BTW this leaking occurred with the petcock closed!)

yes if it one place it the other place to and yes it can leak with petcok closed ...there still quite the gas there ....just watch it close randy and change the oil ...she got a lot of miles on her oil well

Latest posts