Dynatek has me pissed....

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hansmanbo

Reaction score
Tried to install brand new Dyna s ignition, only to find one of the pickups was defective. :head bang: Took me hours of frustration with my ohm meter and test lite to find out my problem was with a brand new part. I've went through hoops to get a return authorization number to send it back. Now after 6 weeks of waiting, I called to see whats up.... :head bang: Its seems that YES I Did have a defective pickup and I have been authorized to recieve a new unit, BUT they are out of stock. :sensored: Production on my model ds1-3 for Goldwings will begin next week or so.... :sensored: Missing out on prime riding weather :fiddle:

Puts the points back in til you get it.
Sorry, you probably already thought of that.

I understand getting pissed, I mean how can a coil come defective. Don't they test it before going out?

Wow, I sent mine in three weeks ago and got a new unit the other day. They said they had none in stock, but were making a new batch a week ago Tuesday. You should have them soon. They come from Vegas.

Didn't have points ..... I replaced a worn out Martek ignition, which I know nothing about... Just have to wait, I guess. Should come soon, tech told me last week, "it would be a couple of days". :fiddle: Mechanical advance seemed gummed up, so I PB blasted it. Hope that was my problem. :music: :beg: :music2: :salute:

Dyna has been one of the more customer friendly companies. You might want to remove the advance unit and clean it while you wait.

OK finally got my new unit. Ya they were real friendly, but sure took a long time. Won't get to work on it till Saturday, will keep you updated. Thanks Hans

wow im sorry you guys had a bad experience with them ....i think there great and just got finished installing one on buzzs bike and he is thrilled about it ....stop by yesterday to tell me its the best its ever ran and cranks instantly

Got her running today... WOW what a difference! Still thinking my problem was a gummed up mechanical advance, but its good to see her running good finally. Even got my idle down to 900. Thinking I will hook up carb gauges tomorrow to see if I'm still in sync. Thanks for all your support and advice..... Hans