Engine side cover

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kenny

Reaction score
I have been looking at other goldwing for so time now and have never seen any of them with this type of engine cover. All of them have a black triangle on them. This one is chrome with a gold bird in the center, one on each side. Is this something rare or does it mean anything. Its on my bike 83 goldwing aspencade gl1100. Here's a pic of it. Any idea's on the meaning of this type of cover.

Attachments

• photo (4).JPG
    photo (4).JPG
    53.1 KB · Views: 227
  • photo (5).JPG
    photo (5).JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 229
Might just be a one-off that someone made for it. I've not seen one like it, either.

Welcome to the CGW Forums, btw!! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Nope don't look like the ones on my 82 Asspy , kinda neat lookin though, maybe some kinda pinstriping on them would make them POP :hi:

thebro":1f60q73u said:
Is it just me or did everybody else run to the garage to check what theirs was like? :smilie_happy:
Not me! Mine don't have any. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

slabghost":2ll9zl7u said:
thebro":2ll9zl7u said:
Is it just me or did everybody else run to the garage to check what theirs was like? :smilie_happy:
Not me! Mine don't have any. :smilie_happy: :smilie_happy:

Just been down there to often trying to keep the grunge off her and their imprinted into my retina's (or somethin like that )
:hi:

Thats the way i seen all of them is like yours dan filipi, Iam the 3rd owner of this bike and i have contacted the person that I got it from and He said the same thing. ( they were on it when he got it ) . Have not got a replay from the original owner yet. This is just one of those things that make you wonder!!!!! Thanks everybody for your input on this :rocks: :rocks:

I like them,They look custom made to me,with Chrysler Imperial emblems.
I like the out of the ordinary,Thats what made me like the fiberglass ones I found for mine.

Attachments

• sidecovers 004.JPG
    sidecovers 004.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 156
  • sidecovers 001.JPG
    sidecovers 001.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 155
  • sidecovers 002.JPG
    sidecovers 002.JPG
    31.3 KB · Views: 152
dan filipi":2l1ef6cu said:
Just more stuff to take off when working on the engine.

But they do trim out nicely.
I swear, I thought the same thing, more stuff to remove...I guess I'm lazy...I do wish more guys would make stuff like that cover in the first post..I would buy one..

dan filipi":bvffev9s said:
Just more stuff to take off when working on the engine.

But they do trim out nicely.

Not at all.
They pop on and off in about 2 seconds with quarter turn fasteners.I take them off on cooler days for heat,put them on when the days are warmer and I dont want the heat.
They are far far simpler to remove than the steel ones when you need to service anything.

On hot days,I pop the covers on,and switch the windshield to my short one,and Im ready to go.If Im going for a late ride and its a bit cool,I will remove them and hang em on the wall.