Exhaust repair. What has worked for you?

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet

Reaction score
I have a set of Jardines I put on this bike probably 25+ years ago. Now the cross pipe underneath is starting to rust through & gettin a bit loud. Funds have dried up for now & was wondering what you would do fer a quick fix to get them through the rest of the riding season?
I was thinking of sanding the surface & coating it with JB Weld. Since its right & the joint. Ya think that would work?
What has worked for you? :thanks:

we have a local guy who fixed mufflers for me - very neatly welds patches - mufflers come out like new for a few bucks. Never had one come back.

Muffler tape has always been very temporary for me. Maybe could finish the season anyhow and it's cheap enough.
Check if your getting any flexing in the pipes your patching since if there is any movement the stuff won't last long.

Muffler cement and wrap might work for the season. Welded patches are best though can be rather ugly.

muffler wrap beer can folded in and tie wire to cinch in place ....steel scubbie tried in place with tie wire ,,,theres all kind s of wys to tie something in place then put some goo on it like jb weld ...that epoxy stick might be goodd to use and then cover with something and tied

joedrum":35dlg1ir said:
muffler wrap beer can folded in and tie wire to cinch in place ....steel scubbie tried in place with tie wire ,,,theres all kind s of wys to tie something in place then put some goo on it like jb weld ...that epoxy stick might be goodd to use and then cover with something and tied

Wish I had a dollar for every time I did that.!