first ride

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

detdrbuzzard

Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats right i took my first ride on an '82 naked wing. my niece came over yesterday after picking up a naked '82 wing. she had a naked '79 but got hit by a cage on it then she found an '85 ltd but it had a broken frame that was not descovered until after she bought the bike. i took a short ride on her new bike and glad she is back in the saddle again. the ride was great, a bit smoother and more low end power than the 1000 wing she had

don't know much about the ltd but it had a bad stator only to find the frame broken, the po didn't mention that. my niece was bummed about that. she had the accident on the '79 wing about two years ago about this time of year so in the fall when she felt better i started letting her ride my 1200 wing. last year she rode my 1200 wing until the air ride went out so she took my 450 nighthawk. she hasn't missed much riding time. she is on the NGW and GL1200 forums and i lsent her a link to CGWF last nite. we are going to a blessing of the bikes event saturday and get her some ride time in on the new wing if it doesn't rain. she traded the ltd for the 1100wing. i took some pic's yesterday but my dslr pic's are in " raw " format and i don't know how to convert them to jpeg

A first ride a nekkid Wing!! :clapping: My first ride on a Wing period was a nekkid one, back in '75...I could barely touch the ground with my feets. I do remember it was a powerhouse, and rode super nice.
Congrats to the niece on getting back on two wheels! :salute:

she learned to ride a motorcycle when she was about 16yrs old on one of my cb350's now she's 43 yrs old with more saddle time than some guys i know. she put 90% of the mile that were put on the nighthawk last year. she said a dressed 1200 wasn't bad but the 1500 wing was just too big and she didn't feel comfortable on it