• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Classic Gold Wing and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

For sale custom made GL 1100 seat

Classic Goldwings

Help Support Classic Goldwings:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry

Reaction score
This seat came with my GL 1100 and the P.O. had it custom made with memory foam for comfort on longer trips. I never tour much now, so I don't need it. It is in excellent condition. as is sale no returns $100. obo + shipping to your address. No checks, cash or money orders only.

I was going to PM you with some questions but figured i'd just post them so the others could see too. Is the "memory foam" firmer, softer or about the same as stock? The height difference between the front and back seems much less than stock...is the front section any higher than stock or about the same? I'm interested because i don't like how my stock seat pins me pretty much in one position & I'd like a flatter seat so I could slide farther back once in awhile to stretch my long legs. One other concern would be if the front section is wider than stock...I sometimes use a Markland backrest. Thanks in advance Terry -----bob-----

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164324#p164324:23zb0q51 said:
bib » Today, 7:55 pm[/url]":23zb0q51]
I was going to PM you with some questions but figured i'd just post them so the others could see too. Is the "memory foam" firmer, softer or about the same as stock? The height difference between the front and back seems much less than stock...is the front section any higher than stock or about the same? I'm interested because i don't like how my stock seat pins me pretty much in one position & I'd like a flatter seat so I could slide farther back once in awhile to stretch my long legs. One other concern would be if the front section is wider than stock...I sometimes use a Markland backrest. Thanks in advance Terry -----bob-----

I'll have to get back to you after I do some comparison and have a better look at it dimensionally. I haven't used it, it came extra with the bike when I bought it. What I do know about this custom seat, I learned from the P.O. it does look really nice.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I want it & would like to call dibs on it pending the few questions. I'm in no hurry as the riding season here in Pa is just about over but I don't want it to get bought out from under me.....

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164348#p164348:1uoxz79z said:
bib » Today, 5:02 am[/url]":1uoxz79z]
Thanks. I'm pretty sure I want it & would like to call dibs on it pending the few questions. I'm in no hurry as the riding season here in Pa is just about over but I don't want it to get bought out from under me.....

I didn't mount it on my bike but did a side by side comparison.
The differences I saw were as follows:

The transition (backrest portion?) on the OEM seat is very defined with an abrupt division like a mini backrest between the front and pillion seat portions.
On the custom seat this dividing area is much smoother and more of a gradual rise between the front and pillion seat portions.
So going by appearances ( I haven't used it) this feature should allow an easier scoot back senerio for leg stretching.

The front portion of the seat near the fuel tank (between your legs) seems narrower with less padding on the custom seat than the OEM seat.
The height looked to be similar in both seats.

As for the firmness of the the seat foam, I really couldn't say without mounting it and riding for while.

OK...I'll take it. When you can get me a final number on the seat and shipping to the Pittsburgh area (15136 zip) let me know and I'll get a money order on it's way. Again, no rush. Thanks!

Very nice looking seat. Let us know how comfy it is and post pics of it installed. I might want to try to duplicate at least the look. Maybe some time next summer you'll get over into Ohio?

[url=https://classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164402#p164402:271l7ldv said:
bib » Yesterday, 10:24 pm[/url]":271l7ldv]
OK...I'll take it. When you can get me a final number on the seat and shipping to the Pittsburgh area (15136 zip) let me know and I'll get a money order on it's way. Again, no rush. Thanks!

I can't believe I'm going to say this but, you may want to reconsider and here is why:

I did a shipping cost calculator for the seat and was simply shocked. I don't know whether shipping rates are higher during holidays or what.

UPS ground was over $55. and USPS ground was $62 to your zip.

I am not a regular seller of item's and just simply had no idea.

If you want to pass I understand, it's not a big deal for me.

If you do pass, I am going to take off the market until I figure out what to do, keep it, or sell it locally in the spring.

Let me know.

Wow...that's about double what I was thinking it would be. I ship a lot of small stuff but nothing ever that big....I had no idea.Lets put the deal on hold....sell it locally or whatever. I have an extra seat with a good pan....I was going to check with a local guy who does gel inserts etc... sad thing is, if I got my seat redone it would end up looking just like yours!

I'd bet you'd get much more than your asking price if you sold it on Ebay......

[url=https://www.classicgoldwings.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=164427#p164427:1z2d6aoe said:
bib » Yesterday, 9:43 pm[/url]":1z2d6aoe]
Wow...that's about double what I was thinking it would be. I ship a lot of small stuff but nothing ever that big....I had no idea.Lets put the deal on hold....sell it locally or whatever. I have an extra seat with a good pan....I was going to check with a local guy who does gel inserts etc... sad thing is, if I got my seat redone it would end up looking just like yours!

I'd bet you'd get much more than your asking price if you sold it on Ebay......

Thats how I thought you might feel. I would too if the shoe were on the other foot. It's a nice item no biggie if I just keep it.

Latest posts